UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not reported anywhere but here, so is it true or usual rumour bollocks
I reported a rumour and stated it as such. I don't know if its true, thats why its a rumour at the moment. If you don't listen to rumours you can ignore.

Just heard a rumour that Pannick didn't take the brief in the end...don't shoot the messenger...

It would have happened a while ago that he turned it down. It happens if there is a clash with some other matter or where there is a potential conflict. How often - not sure. I've had a senior QC take on a major enquiry (Grenfell) so drop my case - understandable and not about my case's merits.

If indeed Pannick didn't take the brief wouldn't you think the club would say who actually did take it as the perception of all has been that Pannick was leading our appeal until your post a few minutes ago?

No matter what reason he had for not taking the case it would be a huge blow at this late hour if he was not representing City and for City to still let it be reported he has up until the eve of the case would be not only amateurish but bizarre, hope it is just a rumour.

How many different lawyers was it we hired? With or without Pannick one should think we will be represented by a crack. Believe!

I've deleted the rumour - speculating if it true and if true why, its fruitless. Lets assume its bollocks.

BTW I never suggested it was a late decision - there is almost no chance it was a late change. If he took the brief in March he'd be on it in June. If he didn't take it originally, the original story was wrong but wasn't properly fact checked at the time.

What’s your take on next week now mate. How are you feeling/thinking about it?
I've no idea, because I haven't seen a shred of evidence from one side or the other. And even if I had, I'm still not a CAS arbitrator.

Stefan has done some exceptional work on this regarding the settlement agreement and CFCB's own limitation rule. My belief, from the financial/accounting side is that we're being tried again for FFP breaches we've already been found guilty of and punished. I've used the analogy of being caught for speeding but within the parameters for a speed awareness course, which you accept and complete. Then the police contact you to say their equipment is suggesting you were doing more than they said you were and that you're going to court.

Had we passed FFP, or been able to use the provision in Annex XI to offset wages to avoid punishment and then been found out, then I think UEFA would have a very justifiable case. But as far as I'm aware, this only relates to the period covered by the settlement agreement, for which we've been punished and during which we were monitored. So on the basis of what Stefan has written and blogged about, and what I think is happening, I'd be confident that we've got a decent chance of having the ban overturned but no one but the two parties know what evidence the other has to offer.

I went from thinking this was going to be a piece of piss to now thinking we’re fucked.
Think of Pannick as your best centre forward and you are approaching one of the biggest games of the season, playing your local rivals away
The forward goes and cracks a couple of ribs in a taxi accident three days before the game

What hope have you got of winning!!

Think we'll be exonerated because of dubious, biased and unsound process, evidence being ignored and double jeopardy (2017 settlement).
Wouldn't be surprised though if CAS kicked the case back to UEFA and City to sort out.

This is why I voted "other" in the poll

Has CAS ever fully exonerated an appealing party and hugely criticised a governing body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.