UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don’t know
We do not know.
Finally, there are unknown knowns
The knowns
We do not want to know."

All i want to know is a City victory!

You know what, I know exactly what you mean

By the way, whatever happens, nobody should expect any tenderness from the press, the media, and not a few fans of other clubs. If we're exonerated, it'll be “The cheating c**nts got away with it again!”. If we get the ban, it'll be “Haha, the cheating c**nts finally got what they deserve!”. Just walk past it. It should be enough for us that we love City. I don't ask anybody else to.

For myself, I expect a one-year ban not because I believe City are guilty — it would be very surprising that the club and its lawyers have been so bullish about this if they genuinely believe that the club has been involved in any wrongdoing or breach of FFP for which we haven't already been punished — but because overturning the ban completely by the CAS would undermine UEFA's authority significantly in all sorts of ways. And, the way of the world being what it is, that will, I believe, be in the back of the minds of the CAS.
It'll hurt us, but we'll survive. After all, we've been to York and back — several million of us …

Off to bed now here in the US.By the time I wake up, the whole process will be started.

I am pretty confident but wary of dirty tricks from old and entrenched detractors. Our enemies are legion, but we are equally strong. And I believe that those spurious charges will in the end, be overturned.

And if not, like just even after the despair I felt in 1998, my support will be even stronger. Whatever happens....fuck 'em all. Fuck 'em.

CTID.

By the way, whatever happens, nobody should expect any tenderness from the press, the media, and not a few fans of other clubs. If we're exonerated, it'll be “The cheating c**nts got away with it again!”. If we get the ban, it'll be “Haha, the cheating c**nts finally got what they deserve!”. Just walk past it. It should be enough for us that we love City. I don't ask anybody else to.

For myself, I expect a one-year ban not because I believe City are guilty — it would be very surprising that the club and its lawyers have been so bullish about this if they genuinely believe that the club has been involved in any wrongdoing or breach of FFP for which we haven't already been punished — but because overturning the ban completely by the CAS would undermine UEFA's authority significantly in all sorts of ways. And, the way of the world being what it is, that will, I believe, be in the back of the minds of the CAS.
It'll hurt us, but we'll survive. After all, we've been to York and back — several million of us …
Not a chance that we would be happy with a plea bargain.
The IC doubled the ban for us failing to cooperate- CAS have already insinuated that they can see why we stopped cooperating with a chamber that was a leaky as a sieve so in my eyes that’s a gimme to reduce instantly to 1 year.

I expect a 1 year ban. Unfortunately, think that a 2 year ban is more likely than overturning the ban. Imo, 1-year ban wouldn't be a big problem for the club. Very much hope that the ban will be overturned though.

I don’t know, but just going off the club’s stance, they are convinced that one way or another they haven’t done anything wrong. If we take that at face value, and we assume that the three CAS adjudicators look completely objectively at the case then I’m convinced we will be ok.

Unfortunately there are hundreds of millions of pounds, dollars and Euro’s on the line for both parties and wider contexts might be considered rather than just the facts of the case. If CAS were to uphold the UEFA verdict and the punishment, I would take some convincing that CAS were wholly objective.

If the result goes against us, I’ll definitely be on here crying foul. I guess I’m more cynical than you. Not saying I’m right.

I think the first bit doesn't get said enough!

We often mention how confident the club are and that they must feel we have a strong case.

But we rarely focus on the fact the club say that the accusations are false and that we did nothing wrong. And that i will happily beleive.

How it will play out is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.