UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we are successful here.
I've really fallen out of love with the game after all of what's happened this season
I wanted to still go to the games in memory of my dad who died 2 years ago but all of this shit makes me give up.on the game.
Maybe that's what UEFA and others want.
Its all very sad.

@projectriver said yesterday that procedural issues at the IC/AC would be cured by CAS and are therefore no longer relevant. Would I be right in assuming that we would still be bringing up the leaks etc as they may be relevant as to why we may have not cooperated by withholding sensitive information.
Yes its context. But I don't think City will accept that they didn't cooperate which in any event is highly subjective and where City clearly sent 100 documents and submissions very difficult to sustain. I don't think that element is important anyway.

@projectriver said yesterday that procedural issues at the IC/AC would be cured by CAS and are therefore no longer relevant. Would I be right in assuming that we would still be bringing up the leaks etc as they may be relevant as to why we may have not cooperated by withholding sensitive information.

I'd say we're definitely going to need to cover this off during the CAS hearing, as it forms one of the accusations UEFA has used as the basis for their sanctions against us.

On the basis of CAS's stated concern at the 'worrisome' leaks from the UEFA IC, I'd say it's one CAS will reprimand both parties for - which, if (and this is a very big 'if') we have proved the rest of UEFA's accusations to be baseless, we'd probably accept as a wrap on the knuckles with no assumption of guilt against the main body of UEFA's case.

I am sure City will be mentioning the leaks, they are important. How and in what guise I would'nt know but I cant see them not bringing them up somehow.

I don’t know, but just going off the club’s stance, they are convinced that one way or another they haven’t done anything wrong. If we take that at face value, and we assume that the three CAS adjudicators look completely objectively at the case then I’m convinced we will be ok.

Unfortunately there are hundreds of millions of pounds, dollars and Euro’s on the line for both parties and wider contexts might be considered rather than just the facts of the case. If CAS were to uphold the UEFA verdict and the punishment, I would take some convincing that CAS were wholly objective.

If the result goes against us, I’ll definitely be on here crying foul. I guess I’m more cynical than you. Not saying I’m right.
That's how I see it too.
I am confident that we will win.

I am sure City will be mentioning the leaks, they are important. How and in what guise I would'nt know but I cant see them not bringing them up somehow.
Of course they will mention them, that's the reason we didn't 'co-operate' due to sensitive material being leaked into the public domain, that's a massive part of our case I suspect

I hope we are successful here.
I've really fallen out of love with the game after all of what's happened this season
I wanted to still go to the games in memory of my dad who died 2 years ago but all of this shit makes me give up.on the game.
Maybe that's what UEFA and others want.
Its all very sad.
I've very much felt the same way mate, even questioning my love for City at one stage for being part of this modern dirty soap opera & starting to think, have we been doing things wrongly and are we bad for the game?.

Then I realized that was a lesson in faith, just like all the other dark times we've had. We have been unfairly targeted from the offset, despite bowing to each of these corrupt b*stards demands to fit into their old boys club, now we're finally doing it our own way and careful consideration I couldn't be happier now, bring it on.

We as a football club have brought nothing but competitive balance to the PL, making the product better, threatened the old guard in Europe, making the product better. We have following the precedence that was set before us by the likes Arsenal, Liverpool, United & Chelsea here and Madrid and others abroad, we didn't create this landscape, never forget that, we just redefined it & out maneuvered all of them to the top of whilst they sniggered about our lofty ambitions. They're not laughing now, and know we are a force to be reckoned with regardless of this case, god bless City and our owners for making this sport competitive again at the top level, long may it continue.

All that without even going into what we have done for East Manchester, are we bad for the game? Anything but.

I've very much felt the same way mate, even questioning my love for City at one stage for being part of this modern dirty soap opera & starting to think, have we been doing things wrongly and are we bad for the game?.

Then I realized that was a lesson in faith, just like all the other dark times we've had. We have been unfairly targeted from the offset, despite bowing to each of these corrupt b*stards demands to fit into their old boys club, now we're finally doing it our own way and careful consideration I couldn't be happier now, bring it on.

We as a football club have brought nothing but competitive balance to the PL, making the product better, threatened the old guard in Europe, making the product better. We have following the precedence that was set before us by the likes Arsenal, Liverpool, United & Chelsea here and Madrid and others abroad, we didn't create this landscape, never forget that, we just redefined it & out maneuvered all of them to the top of whilst they sniggered about our lofty ambitions. They're not laughing now, and know we are a force to be reckoned with regardless of this case, god bless City and our owners for making this sport competitive again at the top level, long may it continue.

All that without even going into what we have done for East Manchester, are we bad for the game? Anything but.

I just fear if it is upheld it will set us back years.
I just feel like walking away from the whole game.

Yes, I think evidence of leaks would be a reasonable, if not complete, defence to the charge of non coop.

I just fear if it is upheld it will set us back years.
I just feel like walking away from the whole game.
Realistically it would have an impact, but would just put us back where we were in say 2010-11 with a much sounder business model and a higher quality group of players.

We didn't do bad from there did we?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.