UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
but i don't think the premier league can do much because the rules are not the same in FFP

Agreed I think the prem League FFP is much weaker as there is a much broader set of clubs in it.

The CL is tight as it's only top clubs from each league so i guess the theory is they should all be in a healthy financial position.

What is this 'we'll have to start again' bollocks that's suddenly cropped up in posts?

Could you explain start again to me as I'm puzzled.

That rags banner going to be cleaned of and put on show again.

Some think we lose this and they will take all our trophies of us since the take over.

That rags banner going to be cleaned if and put on show again.

Some think we lose this and they will take all our trophies of us since the take over.
Yeah the same poster who I'm questioning said that we'll get our titles stripped from us.

Sniff sniff sniff methinks, cover is slipping, can't help himself when the shit hits the fan.

this is my summary.... they found us guilty in 2012 of breaking ffp and gave us a slap on the wrist and a fine.didnt we also have to play the following season with a reduced squad in the CL ? something our owners wernt happy about and made it clear to UEFA , Someone posted illegally obtained emails saying we deceived them in 2012 . UEFA seen their arse and using these emails banning us for 2 years cause city said **** off when asked if these illegal emails are true.

Yes - that is the bones of it. However the leaks may have revealed things that they can subsequently confirm and if they can move the evidence away from leaks then they possibly have firm ground to say that our FFP disclosure in 2012 was not accurate. I doubt we will ever know much more.

but i don't think the premier league can do much because the rules are not the same in FFP

No - but if we are found guilty at CAS of having misled UEFA to gain entry to European competition, there is a specific PL rule on that - which would, I suggest, be the angle of attack they'd take.

This would also open the potential for specific clubs who may have missed out on Qualification due to our 'dishonesty' hitting us with their own separate litigation.

If CAS clearly state we're guilty of deliberately misleading UEFA, it could get very messy for us.

We have to win here.

I’ve deliberately avoided most of the media or opinion piece on this as I just don’t think there’s enough actual fact out in the public domain to really know how this is going to go.

Personally though, I think about the whole slightly differently to others though. I don’t want us to be exonerated for the sake of it or on a technicality, I want us to be exonerated because what we have said in terms of having irrefutable proof is correct. I couldn’t care less about Uefa or what we’ve said to them, I do care about believing in what I’m told as a fan though and want to know it’s true.

You make a very good point. As fans, we have to trust the club when they say they’re innocent but if it ever turned out that they were lying on that then they will have abused our trust. It’s one thing lying to the likes of UEFA. That’s bad but on the flip side UEFA changed the goalposts right near the end of the first monitoring period which screwed any chance we may have had of passing FFP so they would be just as bad in my eyes. However, lying to your own fans on this is another level altogether. Many of us have been fighting on behalf of the club in terms of getting information out there that so many dickhead journalists choose to ignore because our club have said they’ve done nothing wrong. If our loyalty turns out to be misplaced then never mind high stakes with regards to losing players and losing credibility. That is temporary and can be fixed over time. Losing the fans on the other hand.....

Edit: I would add that if we were to lose at CAS, IMO that doesn’t necessarily mean we definitely are guilty and have definitely been lied to. For that to be the case, UEFA would have to come up with incriminating evidence in the form of a bank statement or paper trail proving beyond all doubt that our owner part-funded the Etihad deal. I suspect I’ll be waiting a very long time for them to come up with that though!

Last edited:
This is torture, its like Derby day, but it last for 3 days and you won't know the result for a month or so

Tell me about it.

Do we literally get no inclination of what's been said or how it went until the verdict? (Barring UEFA leaks of course)

matt,dont take this the wrong way,but fucking grow a pair,weve been in worse situations than this ,wallowing about in midtable of the 3rd division without a pot to piss in,if found guilty it will be a set back,but nothing we cant overcome,now pull yourself together and sing along

when you walk through a storm
You get pissed on!

I'm struggling to make head or tail out of that mate.

But when City appealed to CAS halfway through the initial UEFA investigation, CAS said they had concerns over the "worrisome" leaks by UEFA to the press.

But they said that City could not appeal to CAS until the UEFA investigation was concluded. Which we then did.

The "worrisome" leaks importantly acknowledged by CAS vindicates our decision not to engage with UEFA's process.

Also, the appearance of Ceferin at our matches before Christmas was no coincidence. There are rumours we rejected a plea deal. This isn't something we'd have rejected on first hearing it. We'd have spoken to our legal team and made the decision by committee. I do not sense City are not sure of their case. They seem convinced.

What’s the latest?

Sorry - been at work and will struggle to get through all the pages since 8am this morning!
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.