UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the 2 year ban gets thrown out IMO it will have held up our buying of the top talent.

I'm not sure that City's transfer plans have been massively effected by this (for the moment). I'm guessing that a 2 year ban will obviously change that, but if they don't get a ban then things will carry on as normal with no effect.

It shouldn't be. If we can show that ADUG wasn't the originator but the conduit then I'd hope we would be OK. Naturally UEFA would probably try to change the rules again no doubt.
I've thought that circumnavigating the rules ie exploiting its loopholes was like tax avoidance ie perfectly legal. Tax laws are then tightened so another loophole found.

Is complying with FFP the same or is there a need to obey the so called " spirit of the law" ?

Out of interest, what about acting for a client that you had previously acted against, any rules there?
No issues there is the general rule, although the client would need to be made aware and consent. Certainly the general rule in crime you can defend someone you’ve previously prosecuted, but not the other way round, unless consent is given by the defendant and the court, maybe if the previous occasion was something relatively trivial and unconnected, like an unposed bail application from years ago, for example. It’s probably best to avoid creating a rod for your own back either way if poss.

It was claimed earlier in the thread that Etihad may have front loaded payments to suit City's cash flow requirements and it was stated it would make no difference at what stage the money was paid once it was the right amount within the contract period. That isn't really compatible with a struggling business that needs propping up by the state. Bringing forward financial obligations wouldn't be considered normal, especially to an unrelated party.

The context is, as the audited accounts show, that the mails reflect a conversation, not what was actually done.
(How many more times?!)
Thanks my friend.

Sorry if my limited ageing mind is unable to adsorb your oft repeated reasoning. I will try to keep up to speed in future.

Thanks my friend.

Sorry if my limited ageing mind is unable to adsorb your oft repeated reasoning. I will try to keep up to speed in future.
No, I meant @Exeter Blue I am here . Your example may well be exactly what happened. Too often even blues fall into the Leterme trap and assume, ab initio, that the mails describe what we did. No wonder he didn't bother to look at our evidence.

It was claimed earlier in the thread that Etihad may have front loaded payments to suit City's cash flow requirements and it was stated it would make no difference at what stage the money was paid once it was the right amount within the contract period. That isn't really compatible with a struggling business that needs propping up by the state. Bringing forward financial obligations wouldn't be considered normal, especially to an unrelated party.
So you're arguing that what Etihad paid city was not in accordance with the contract and that City just inflated it to suit circumstances at the time?

The simple answer to that is it depends what was in the contract. UEFA don't appear to me to have a case within the body of the emails. They have a case to ask questions but any city fan can immediately come back with a retort of explanation of what might have happened. It depends on what the evidence says. I expect some amount of cronyism in a state ruled by a royal family but that does not amount to guilt imo.

The rest of the football world never tried to look at it from City's angle so of course they saw these emails as completely damning. They are imo the actions of a club who have just seen UEFA rip the carpet from under them when UEFA moved the FFP goalposts away (they changed the way they were asssessing FFP midway through a review period).

Why is it unlikely that Sheikh Mansour financed the Etihad deal? The hacked emails suggest he did exactly that and City have never denied their authenticity, merely their context. And having looked at them again yesterday I’m really struggling to see how they might have been taken out of context as claimed. They come from senior members of the City hierarchy and contain very precise instruction on the movement of money between ADUG and Etihad. If we’re going to take this ban down, then it seems (to my untrained eye) that it’ll have to be on one of the regulatory/technical/whatever you want to call them, grounds that Projectriver outlined in that 93:20 podcast he did
Given that particular email you can see why UEFA would want to look into it, and not just pressure from those that are ‘out to get us’. Anyway this is before City’s evidence is considered and before their loud claims universally of no wrongdoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.