UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding FFP, did we not use the same people/lawyers that set it up in the first place, to help us prepare our books? Surely CAS must take that into consideration.

CTID

All the talk of market value of sponsorship is a strange one for me. I’m not sure how the IC or AC would judge CFG sponsorship agreements that are spread across so many continents and clubs - there is no current market value view of this as it hasn’t been done before.

All of the sponsors from 2012/13 onwards would have been shown our 5 and 10 year plans and factored the future value into their decision making process.

Anything is only worth what someone would pay for it. The analogy I use with mates is a signed city shirt from last year I have hanging up on my wall. It was a gift from the players but I would have paid £1000 at least for it, yet my best mate who is a West Ham fan would pay anything g over £50 for it, so what’s the market value ? What someone else says or what the top payer in the market is prepared to pay ?

All positioning and politically motivated so I’m really interested to see what happens here as it really does impact on football as an industry and the anti competitive behaviour of certain clubs and the regulator - all acting as a cartel.
But remember, the fair value rule only applies to related sponsors, on the grounds that the club can exert influence on the sponsor to up the amount. The key, then, is the decision on 'related' or not and that was an issue between City and Uefa in 2014.
Non related, free market.

City argued PwC were wrong on everything...but settled anyway https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...-and-psg-pact-with-the-sheikhs-a-1236414.html

"The PwC Report is seriously flawed in that it contains numerous erroneous interpretations of the Regulations, false assumptions of fact, errors of law and erroneous conclusions," read the reply. The lawyers demanded that the PwC auditors revise or delete large sections of their report. PwC refused, which further enraged the Manchester City attorneys.

Guess who David Gill and Ed Woodward both worked for?...

Yep. That raises the question why we didn’t show proof of the bank transfer straight away though, given that would be irrefutable proof. I have a feeling we think that having Etihad say they have sole liability is proof enough and UEFA not agreeing based on the emails.

Yes, I think in terms of us trying to infer what the position is from the information in the public domain, this is about the best hypothesis we can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.