UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if CAS informs either party before the other and probably only 24-48 hours before it being public. I think this leaves us to read between the lines as to confidence.

UEFA have been really tight - no public rumours at all as far as I have seen - if they have said things to journalists I haven't heard it or seen on it Twitter. Not heard any of the usual suspects in the media give any feedback on how UEFA feel.

From City, a couple of people have said the vibe internally is positive but who knows if that is new news or parroting the strident views of the club pre-CAS. There have been no positive signs on transfers which is a lead indicator - I don't think we are currently acting as if we know we are clear. Likewise with Pep contractually (no decision, no positive noises) and his tone is generally downbeat(ish) or neutral (good external reasons for that of course).

I think, on balance, at this stage, the parties simply don't know.

Yep. Despite the insistence of the club that they’ve done nothing wrong, and rumblings from our side that the hearing went well, as much as I want it to be a slam dunk for City I just can’t get ahead of myself. As you say, CAS won’t let either party know the outcome until just before it becomes public. Of course, there could be a strong feeling amongst both parties as to what the outcome might be if someone came up with a game-changing piece of evidence to tip the balance in their favour (hopefully us of course!).

When the 3 CAS members 'meet' do you reckon it will be a case of a vote and done.

No discussion or perhaps a full on discussion as one party or another may be unsure which way to go.

How will CAS Inform City and Uefa, of the out come.
Will it be a telephone call, e-mail, letter or a text message on Mulbarak's phone

Would love to agree but think it’s much more likely that UEFA are playing it safe as CAS did raise legitimate concerns first time round of UEFA leaking to the press. If they did it this time they would seriously jeopardise their chances.
Ending up with egg on their faces, UEFA, the media and press.

I'd be surprised if CAS informs either party before the other and probably only 24-48 hours before it being public. I think this leaves us to read between the lines as to confidence.

UEFA have been really tight - no public rumours at all as far as I have seen - if they have said things to journalists I haven't heard it or seen on it Twitter. Not heard any of the usual suspects in the media give any feedback on how UEFA feel.

From City, a couple of people have said the vibe internally is positive but who knows if that is new news or parroting the strident views of the club pre-CAS. There have been no positive signs on transfers which is a lead indicator - I don't think we are currently acting as if we know we are clear. Likewise with Pep contractually (no decision, no positive noises) and his tone is generally downbeat(ish) or neutral (good external reasons for that of course).

I think, on balance, at this stage, the parties simply don't know.

Didn't CAS say they would name the date in advance of publishing their verdict.

Think it will be something like a Friday CAS will say their verdict to be published on the Monday.

City and uefa will find out the verdict a day or two in advance as you suggest.

If any genuine leaks happen, most certainly won't be until after CAS have named the date for publication of the verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.