UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

197 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

422 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

815 vote(s)
    54.4%
  4. Other

65 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stortz

Stortz

Did this happen!?

SilvaisSkyBlue likes this.
  2. CC1

CC1

I really hope so

SilvaisSkyBlue likes this.
  3. Akpowell

Akpowell

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Doubt it

shauns goat likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

That's interesting. I wasn't aware that we "took the pinch" but didn't accept we had breached FFP as part of the 2014 settlement. The detail on the leaks during the investigation last year are also very interesting. Those five leaks could only have come from the IC either directly or via a third party who had spoken to someone in the IC. The immediate response from UEFA (just 24 hours after the first complaint from City) denying any leaks was a huge blunder. They made no attempt to even consider the complaint from City. If this doesn't show to CAS that UEFA were acting in "bad faith" then nothing will.

laserblue likes this.
  5. SilvaisSkyBlue

SilvaisSkyBlue

Haha, not yet, but hoping Pep can somehow slip the smile and wink in somewhere along the line :)

The Platini bribe definitely happened, it was received from the very honourable Mr Sepp Blatter!

Kirkstall Blue and Stortz like this.
  6. Centurions

Centurions

FFS, just how many times do you need to be told?

The tax man couldn't give a rats arse whether it's related party or not and I'm damn sure that us paying more tax isn't going to annoy them too much.

Kirkstall Blue and Paladin like this.
  7. WRicko

WRicko

I love your posts and I bow to your superior knowledge but other people had mentioned what I had said in the past

but in response to your response not saying CAS are pursuing us but they can in theory up hold the UEFA decision yet I cannot see how without a criminal investigation into us.

Would it not be a criminal offense to say to Auditors a governing body the tax man another set of auditors and sports tribunal that you received money from x when you actually received it from y to do so for financial gain. Also what about getting round or not declaring related party transactions. Given that that seems to follow from the alleged inflation and miss declaring of where fund have come from

Did not say we are liable for tax I was saying the tax man has probably benefitted since we are alleged to have hidden owner investment through inflated sponsorship leading to a few years profits and few years lower losses

8. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

I am a blind optimist when it comes to City but I think the positive body language from our club since the hearing suggests that we certainly think we have won. There are always potential pitfalls in any legal battle but I believe CAS is a fair body and will be honest in its handling of this case. No one in their right mind can possibly believe UEFA is anything other than a corrupted organisation (even Ceferin himself knows this and is trying to change things). The three Judges/Barristers at CAS are not stupid people.

9. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Yes and according to this report last week (obviously ignored by the UK press as usual):

https://www.hindustantimes.com/foot...-swiss-case/story-U2YVSXxDQtfb3iDVcK4RaJ.html

Platini (the archtect of FFP while at UEFA) could now be on his way to jail!

SilvaisSkyBlue and SilverFox2 like this.
  10. projectriver

projectriver

I've resisted the reply, but here we go. This is not a criminal process, court or allegation.

Is it possible that a criminal body (say the Serious Fraud Office in the UK) could investigate the club for fraudulent accounts? Yes - its possible but unlikely.

But that is a million miles from where we are now. Right now, all this is a sporting body's disciplinary finding being challenged in the sporting arbitrator. That's it.

UEFA are seemingly making some strong allegations and I do think CAS will think twice about whether they have the evidence to support UEFA's finding but criminality is just not in the mix right now and should be ignored.

Forget the tax part. It's a red herring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.