UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but they would have been able to keep coutinho And have vvd and alison, if we hadn't inflated the market.

Not that they'd need to, as their whole squad is made of non-bought local academy players who grew up within a stone's throw from the stadium.
Don’t forget they all play for pride and the love of the fans.

That saves quite a bit for the FFP calculations.

Just enough that applying capital development costs to the financial loss calculations allows them to pass UEFA’s scrutiny with no problem at all...

Delaney is a moron. Ceferin has made sure that FFP is here to stay in a modified form and City will be one of the clubs that helps Ceferin with his reforms. Delaney is so blinded to his own prejudices (racism and xenophobia) that he literally can't see the whole story. Why does he persist in repeating the lie that our club is "owned by a state?"

Goebbels trick of if say the lie enough it becomes truth. Plastic rags and Dippers swallow anything he says on Sunday Supplement and it’s treated as gospel. You can see this in their tweets agreeing with him with their obligatory Fernandez/Salah/club badge avatar.

Both sides will know by now and you can't tell me that if the verdict is in UEFA's favour then they would've leaked it to a few hounds by now, the silence is deafening. I'm completely chilled about the whole thing and got my Cigar at the ready to light up come Monday morning :-)
Yep.

I’d expect a front page splurge on an US based newspaper with Liverpool connections if UEFA had won. Along with The Dipperpool Echo parroting it in a 30 page special paper slandering City to fuck.

If our ban is overturned and we are totally exonerated by CAS I look forward to Delaney, Harris and the other bastions of fair play admitting they were wrong, apologising for their inflammatory bile and writing in depth articles why fans of other clubs should stop their hate campaign against City and accept that the real facts don’t align to their prejudices.

I’m also going looking for some flying pigs.

I hope for more. If we are exonerated i hope the club legally starts to go after anyone spouting lies which is harmful to the club

Both sides will know by now and you can't tell me that if the verdict is in UEFA's favour then they would've leaked it to a few hounds by now, the silence is deafening. I'm completely chilled about the whole thing and got my Cigar at the ready to light up come Monday morning :-)

only concern about this theory is that there weren't any leaks about the 2 year ban before it was announced

A journalism degree? Based on what I’m seeing, that must be the easiest degree in history...

Journalism degree final Exam paper...

Q1 (20 marks)

Name, Surname

Q2 (20 marks)

You need to write a story that will be read by fans of football clubs that play in red. You don’t actually have any knowledge to write it. Do you...

A) Make it up as long as the red teams supporters like what it’s saying.
B) As per answer A, but pretending you have sources.
C) object to the editor and refuse to write it, as you’re a professional journalist.

Q3 (20 marks...ps, no wrong answer here)

If you were stupid enough to answer C in Q2, how long do you think your career in journalism would last?

A) would be over as soon as I left the editors’ office.
B) would be over as soon as the words ‘object’ left my lips.
C) would effectively be over as soon as the thought to object entered my head.

Q4 (20 Marks)

You hear from a reliable source that Manchester City have done something praiseworthy. Do you...

A) write a piece covering the story and quoting your reliable source.
B) Assume your reliable sources emails have been hacked, and ignore it.
C) Assume your reliable source is actually a plant from Abu Dhabi, and write a 5 week expose about Abu Dhabi bribing their way to the top.

Q5 (20 Marks)

A Manchester United youth team player scores a goal. Do you...

A) - do nothing until they’ve proven worthy of special praise for an extended period of good games.
B) - Write with effusive praise about the United academy and suggest this might be another excellent product from the production line
C) - Sanction a 5 episode documentary on the greatest wonder-kid of all time, who plays for the worlds greatest club, and spend at least 30 minutes showing every camera angle in slow motion of their goal.

More effort has gone into that and it is more accurate than most journos efforts

One of the really great things about living in New Zealand is that we are a day ahead of the UK and the rest of Europe and already have the announcement.
I have to say it came as a surprise to me, the ITKs were so far off the mark it was untrue, but fair play to CAS for such an imaginative solution.

Obviously since this is embargoed in the UK i can't share it in a forum but feel free to PM me if you want to be in the first to hear

I hope for more. If we are exonerated i hope the club legally starts to go after anyone spouting lies which is harmful to the club
I think that's what the club is waiting for.

If we are cleared I would expect multiple libel actions against journalists and organisations and also a lot of banhammers being dished out.

Maybe they have already asked @mods on here how to dish them out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.