UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
50% confident that the club knows the outcome

50% confident that if the club know then Pep knows too

50% confident we've won it

100% confident that Pep's body language was good last night, but not sure how much that actually means.

This is horrible.

What about his words...”are you confident?” Answer “A lot” given City know by now, and they do because that’s the procedure, why would he say that? Or “Monday is a big day for sure” smile wink....you would have to believe he has lost his mind if we haven’t won.

Also worth pointing out that COPE and SER (where this guy works) are two of the most reputable and accurate media outlets in Spanish Football.
I'm sure they are when reporting facts, in this case their guy is just reporting that some random geezer at UEFA thinks the ban will stand. Essentially adding nothing to the discussion.

The 99% certain outcome, following the case, I can well believe but I have still to see anything which suggests that City or EUFA actually KNOW the outcome. People talk of ‘signing non-disclosure agreements’ but why would you and what would be the consequences of breaking them? Bad faith maybe but nothing legal and nothing which would overturn the decision. I keep going back to that section on the CAS website that says, more or less, when a decision is transmitted to the parties, electronically or by other means (it doesn’t mention verbally), it is binding from that point. So, if CAS have said City are banned or exonerated, in an email, that decision is true once that email is sent. That being the case, I struggle to understand why either party are obligated to wait until tomorrow and, consequently, I still think there’s a very good chance that, as of this morning, it is still unknown to anyone, save for the 3 CAS judges.
I also don’t think we got wind of the first appeal defeat and were informed at the same time as everyone else.

Probably daren’t email the result to us in case it gets hacked :) :)

The 99% certain outcome, following the case, I can well believe but I have still to see anything which suggests that City or EUFA actually KNOW the outcome. People talk of ‘signing non-disclosure agreements’ but why would you and what would be the consequences of breaking them? Bad faith maybe but nothing legal and nothing which would overturn the decision. I keep going back to that section on the CAS website that says, more or less, when a decision is transmitted to the parties, electronically or by other means (it doesn’t mention verbally), it is binding from that point. So, if CAS have said City are banned or exonerated, in an email, that decision is true once that email is sent. That being the case, I struggle to understand why either party are obligated to wait until tomorrow and, consequently, I still think there’s a very good chance that, as of this morning, it is still unknown to anyone, save for the 3 CAS judges.
I also don’t think we got wind of the first appeal defeat and were informed at the same time as everyone else.
They'll have known the provisional outcome last week, as Shads explained, but not the official one.

I have no more idea of the outcome than anybody else, and personally I think Ian Cheeseman is guessing. However I am absolutely sure the two parties know the outcome. I have a lot of experience of both the UK Tribunal system and the ECJ, and in big civil cases the litigants receive an embargoed decision, usually 4 or 5 working days before it is published. It is standard practice and makes sound commercial sense for all parties. There is no chance that all our top executives will be sitting down at 09.25 on Monday hoping for the best. We as a club know the outcome, whatever it is. I personally don’t, so I will have my fingers crossed.
Cheesy will have heard something 100%, he wouldn't have just made it up or guessed. Not saying what he heard is right but he will have heard something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.