UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuine but I won't be sticking around (not that any of you will care). This doesn't seem the place for me as a non City fan. Far too much hostility.

Don't leave
I want to know what your thoughts are as a neutral supporter of a lower league team
You're the fan who's being fed the information through the press/media
In your first post you used the phrase "financially doping" What is your understanding of that phrase and how long do you think it's been going on for with regard to Manchester City?

Inflated means larger than it should be. If Etihad literally don't have the money to give us 60m and we're getting it from elsewhere channeled through them then it is inflated.

It's also seemingly legal based on UEFA's rules if they've agreed on the value, but the two are not mutually exclusive.

It can be described as inflated accurately regardless of whether we're innocent or not.

Personally I think it might be time to change the Etihad sponsorship on the shirt at least. It's a tarnished name, and getting a legit 3rd party like Nissan would go a decent way to making the commercial revenue more legit.
I don't really agree that's what inflated means. If tesco offered 60m a year and etihad matched it, then they have paid what they thought represented fair value. It doesn't matter if they could afford it. We will never know with the shirt and stadium sponsor is really worth, which is a bit of a shame, because the owners obviously want it to be etihad.

De Ligt, Rodri and Felix?
th
th

th

Don't leave
I want to know what your thoughts are as a neutral supporter of a lower league team
You're the fan who's being fed the information through the press/media
In your first post you used the phrase "financially doping" What is your understanding of that phrase and how long do you think it's been going on for with regard to Manchester City?
From what I had seen in the media, talked about in pubs etc without ever having heard the City side, is that you were dining out on Mansour's "Oil money".

My understanding was that FFP meant you could only spend what you earned through commercial revenue. Shirt sales, tickets, sponsors etc. The impression that I've been given from the media is that Sheikh Mansour has been financing player purchases from his own pocket using inflated sponsorship deals as a cover and that sort of thing.

Obviously there is a lot more to the issue than I originally thought and hearing from certain posters on here has certainly altered my view.

Is it just me that kinda likes being hated by everyone whilst hoovering up the trophies with the best manager in the world?

We have lived through the dark times of shite players, numerous shite managers and shite chairman whilst our neighbours won trophies galore

And we were everyone’s second team

Give me winning trophies, with the best players, best manager and best owners any time

Whilst hated by all

It looks like City are saying that UEFA are not competent to look at the evidence. So, if this is not going to CAS, which you are saying, where will it end up. There has to be some kind of ‘court’ that will look at all the evidence and rule on it. But who will it be? ECJ?

I think City are probably making it known that whomever leaked the details of the hurried and incomplete investigation to the NYT also leaked the fact that we’d be found guilty already and our punishment has already been determined.... I know Uefa are pretty stupid but I guess their lawyers might point out that they may have a problem proceeding from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.