UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got burgled the police told me to go to Cash Convertors - they said there's was a significant chance I'd be able to buy my own stuff back! I did ask them why they didn't go and arrest those involved in the crime... they said they didn't have time. I just claimed on my insurance.
Good job you didn't buy your own stuff back.
They'd probably been along later on to charge you with handling stolen goods.

When I got burgled the police told me to go to Cash Convertors - they said there's was a significant chance I'd be able to buy my own stuff back! I did ask them why they didn't go and arrest those involved in the crime... they said they didn't have time. I just claimed on my insurance.
I had exactly the same thing happen to me in Bristol some years ago. In fact when reading the above, I thought at first it was a post I'd made!

I'll also add that the conversation I had with the police was over the phone! They didn't even bother coming to the house because they said they just don't have the resources.

This happened in 1989, so this lack of resources had been going on for a while!

You have "sympathy for UEFA"?
Fcuks sake.
Assuming you're not trolling, you may be right that we will be charged with lying and not violation of FFP but to be clear this is your 'understanding' and not fact. Your first paragraph gives the impression that it is the latter (fact) as opposed to the former ( understanding).
If the charge is lying then UEFA will need evidence,facts or a significant body of circumstantial evidence to support this. It is not sufficient for UEFA to arrive at a guilty judgement just because that's what they suspect and they're the bosses. CAS would overturn the charge if it was arrived at on this basis.
UEFA is a murky organization and not exactly impartial. They are subject to massive pressure from the cartel, but sympathy must be limited as UEFA have brought this on themselves by falling over backwards to give in to the cartel's wishes over many years.
Nevertheless, Len Rum makes some good points.

Friend of mine lived in a dodgy area. Had her car broken into three times and radio stolen. Each time she went down to the local second hand shop and bought her own radio back for a fiver.

There’s been a few suggestions that we should take on the whole of the FFP regulations. Once this latest attack has been dealt with, the rules will actually help us since our revenue is now so high.
Before everyone jumps in with comments about denying other teams the chance to do what we have, ... fuck em. I don’t recall 1 single club sticking up for us when we got fined.

There’s been a few suggestions that we should take on the whole of the FFP regulations. Once this latest attack has been dealt with, the rules will actually help us since our revenue is now so high.
Before everyone jumps in with comments about denying other teams the chance to do what we have, ... fuck em. I don’t recall 1 single club sticking up for us when we got fined.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein.

When I had my bike nicked from outside Manchester University in 1973, the police told me to try Johnnie Roadhouse’s shop on Oxford Road. It wasn’t there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.