UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I thought that too, which made me wonder did we drop the 100 page document on them right at the death with the intention of causing this exact issue.

I'd regard it as remiss of our legal team if they didn't push the delay but within reasonable perameters having one eye on the "contributory delay" argument.

We also don't know the content of the 100 page dossier, whether it was evidence pertaining to the allegations or complaints about the process ? Whatever, I'm sure it's in front of the CAS.

Incidentally, as far as we can see, one of our contentions appears to be that the investigation was hurried and incomplete to meet the 5 year deadline and therefore unfair and abuse of process.

If that's the case, we need to be squeaky clean in terms of compliance with requests for information. Any contributory delay in the process occasioned by non-co-operation, for example, on our part would mitigate against our argument.

Do we know when we were notified about the investigation? It appears to have been around the 7th of March this year. That means 68 days until the referred the matter from the CFCB to the adjudicatory chamber.

We don’t know how quickly we responded, did UEFA ask for a response within a specific time period, did we meet that? Then what was UEFA’s response. Did they look for clarification or further information? Unfortunately we won’t know what happened between those dates but given the time periods it’s not hard to see that it could easily be rushed.

What I don’t understand is that UEFA seem to say at Article 38 of their procedural rules the CFCB can extend the time. Did they do this? If not why not?

Lots of questions but I doubt we’ll get to see the answers.

This whole case is a mess.

Dont even understand it. Whats the basic problem? Whats the naughty stuff of the spiegel docs that brought all this down on us?

Do we know when we were notified about the investigation? It appears to have been around the 7th of March this year. That means 68 days until the referred the matter from the CFCB to the adjudicatory chamber.

We don’t know how quickly we responded, did UEFA ask for a response within a specific time period, did we meet that? Then what was UEFA’s response. Did they look for clarification or further information? Unfortunately we won’t know what happened between those dates but given the time periods it’s not hard to see that it could easily be rushed.

What I don’t understand is that UEFA seem to say at Article 38 of their procedural rules the CFCB can extend the time. Did they do this? If not why not?

This doesn't answer your questions but according to tolmie earlier in the thread:

"We met with them and heard nothing back for three weeks, despite assurances.
The next day, Uefa had kicked it up to their upper chamber
This is a very clever move by City on a number of fronts"

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...y-have-appealed.339272/page-631#post-11843415

My interpretation is that Article 38 applies to time limits specified in the Rules such as those between notifying the subject of the decision and the publication of that decision. That would be in response to a request from the defendant for example, pending legal applications to the CAS. It looks as if it's discretionary.

Article 37 is unequivocal and it's in there to comply with the ECHR right to a fair trial.

Everything we have, except for the existence of an investigation and our appeal is conjecture at the moment. Conjecture, I might add, being fanned by strategic press briefings and a prejudiced and ignorant media.

As City fans, we shouldn't get too giddy or too depressed, there are too many unknowns.

I'm just happy that it looks as though we're taking the initiative to shut this down one way or another.

I think your last point is the key one - we don't know.
I think the CAS judgement will be public though, and will help clear things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.