UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about. The club are fully confident that they have done nothing wrong.

Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about. The club are fully confident that they have done nothing wrong.
Agree mate, but the fannies and fence sitters think otherwise. One group is set for disappointment.

The allegations
- Manipulated sponsorship income

Leaked documents suggested income that was supposed to come from Abu Dhabi-based sponsors was in effect paid directly by the owners, in contravention of FFP rules.

- Third-party ownership rules may have been breached
City are alleged not to have disclosed an involvement with a fund that owned economic rights of players, including one they signed.

- Manipulated image-rights payments
A scheme called “Project Longbow” sold players’ image rights to another company, which was then reimbursed by the Abu Dhabi United Group. It meant the image rights were taken off the salary bill.

- City paid the agent of Jadon Sancho £200,000 over his move from Watford when Sancho was 14.
From the Times.

I think -

1) Won't be something they can do anything about. It's clearly against the idea of FFP but UEFA has no jurisdiction on deciding where Etihadis allowed to get its money.

2) This seems pretty black and white because there's going to be a limit on how much they have to disclose and they've either followed that or not.

3) I think this is the most contentious one, the most grey, and it's hard to predict how bad it is without knowing more.

4) Is something that happens all the time but the stakes are pretty low. We could well get a youth signing ban just like we have before, and Liverpool, Chelsea have had before.
1) All depends on whether these companies are deemed to be related parties. If not then they're free to pay what they like. If they are, then the transactions have to be fair market value. Etihad clearly is fair value (& UEFA agreed it was) so it's utterly irrelevant where the money comes from and UEFA's own website clearly states this. Thr Aabar & Etisalat were deemed to be over-valued but, again, are they related parties? If not (and City say they aren't) then again it's irrelevant. If so, then UEFA would be entitled to mak these down to what was considered fair value. Even if it did, we still might not fail FFP. But UEFA knew about these deals and we agreed not to increase them as part of the settlement so they can't claim ignorance of them.

2) This is a UEFA issue as I understand it but irrelevant for FFP purposes.

3) This is a potential issue but UEFA also knew about this arrangement and PWC had flagged their suspicions. As far as I can see, there's about £5-7m going out of this company every year. We may have to agree to bring this back in-house or report it as part of our FFP submission. I believe we've got enough in the FFP "pot" to soak it up without failing FFP anyway. As far as I can see we're carrying in excess of a £50m accumulated surplus based on the 2018 results, compared to a maximum allowable deviation of a £24m loss.

So even in a worst case scenario where all these things were taken into account and our FFP assessment was revisited, I still think we probably wouldn't have failed.

4) This is a FIFA issue so not related to FFP.

Whatever the outcome, it's clear by the reactions on this thread by our fans and the reaction on Twitter by other clubs fans, that it's going to be really fucking tedious and essentially never ending.

Whatever the outcome, it's clear by the reactions on this thread by our fans and the reaction on Twitter by other clubs fans, that it's going to be really fucking tedious and essentially never ending.
Think the whole point of the club welcoming it is it will end it once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.