UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, CAS didn't do that, they judged that our claim was inadmissible as we hadn't been found guilty yet. They did; however, make a number of comments about the validity of UEFA's conduct that should greatly worry UEFA as to their ability to make the sentence stick.

Dont give him/her any respect as they are not due any.

All day yesterday they have been spouting utter shite on this subject and they continue to do so, despite being put right and pointed in the direction of facts that prove his opinions are not worth jack shit.

Still, us getting banned has woken him up on here so not all is lost.

Hopefully when its thrown out they will go back to sleep again until the next thing that pricks their attention.

I’m really hoping that Khaldoon and the Legal gang go to town on UEFA.
It’s way beyond time. They’ve been able to be investigator, judge,jury and executioner for far too long!!!

Reactions: nmc
I'd not really looked at the argument before, but Parisian put it brilliantly last night.

Does UEFA seriously consider City would only be able to charge £8m per annum for the sponsoring of our shirt, stadium and training campus?

And the next time someone you hear or know states we have been inflating our sponsorship, kindly tell them to fuck off in the general above pertinent point.

UEFA was already on record as stating the Etihad deal was fair value (ten years ago) nor a related party.

So which is it, we are inflating sponsorship that is deemed fair value, or the Etihad cash is being topped up by a non-related party!

Which is the crux of the issue if you read PB, in essence ADUG aren't allowed to fund us through Etihad if Etihad is deemed not to be a related party, so they are doing us for that, the reality seemingly being it's come from the EC propping up their airline.

I have to agree. UEFArce won’t want us anywhere near the final, just in case we win it. You only have to look at the Spurs CL game. I honestly believe if we had been officiated correctly, we would have gone on to beat the dippers. UEFA can’t risk us having more and more support and increasing our revenue instead of their favourite ‘cartel’.
Corruption and cheating is rife in football, even more so in UEFA CL.
The PL looks like it’s following suit. Yesterday’s shambolic officiating goes to show it (VAR) can be used to Vary Any Result. I hate both of those teams, but that Chavs were robbed, it’s so comical, they’re not even trying to hide the bias and corruption towards the rags to shove them up the table. Can’t have them NOT playing in Europa League, never mind CL.
I REALLY hope we tear down their Ivory Towers at UEFA. Something drastic needs to be done to expose this blatant protection of the cartel clubs and their ‘Do as we say, not as we do’ attitude.

i also agree that the last thing UEFA would want is for us to in the least make the final let alone win the bloody thing - on our current rocky form it probably wont happen anyway but, with what has happened of late this could and probably has galvanised the players and Pep along with us the fans

Regardless of that, what this does mean is that the game will be watched with immense pressure and eyes all over the world. If UEFA were to use some stupid ploy and some dodgy ref decisions cost us the game then it will be on full view to the masses

Because with everything that has gone on, this game against madrid will be watched by those that didnt give it a second thought prior to this latest episode

Can you clarify where this information comes from?

My guess would more likely be, if requested CAS will suspend a ban providing that the appeal is not seen as trying to get around the ban and that it would adversely affect the competition if it wasn't suspended , ie it has merit. I don't believe that CAS will look at likely success so if they do suspend the ban then we shouldn't assume that its a sign of likely success

Looking at it without tinted specs, now a bit more information has come out and people look at the bigger picture, it clearly shows our appeal has genuine grounds and is not a frivolous one, and as such, I don't think CAS have any other choice than to suspend for now.

Which is the crux of the issue if you read PB, in essence ADUG aren't allowed to fund us through Etihad if Etihad is deemed not to be a related party, so they are doing us for that, the reality seemingly being it's come from the EC propping up their airline.

My 14 year old son was at a school weekend away at our club earlier in the year. Had training with the coaches, tickets to the game etc etc

Came back and told me that the Etihad deal was being replaced this year

So can we assume that this new deal would have been more lucrative than the previous Etihad one ? I reckon so

Well, yes, there is that possibility.
They've got external lawyers in though, and with CAS' warning shot, I'd be amazed if anything came out that didn't just bring the whole thing crashing down.

That should 100% be the case, but as the saying goes, old habits die hard and 1 of them might not be able to stop themselves, especially if its all to play for in the 2nd leg and they thing a few more days city bashing might help the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.