UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it’s already been posted but did anyone see Rabin’s tweet the other day about Infantino and the irony?

It briefly came up, but didn't get much coverage. @City_rabin did well to find that quote (FIFA about using stolen emails). I searched for it and couldn't find anything at all.

I have to believe we won’t, simply because we’ll be taking a multi-pronged approach:

a) Front line: we will make sure every aspect of the case against us is dismantled and obliterated as being completely insane and if necessary shown to be illegal.

b) Shock and awe: it will be made apparent that much bigger badder things than are being leveraged by the ‘opposing forces’ will happen if we do. An existential Sword of Damocles hanging over whatever individuals or groupings are required.

c) Political outflanking: Variously, hearts and minds opportunities for some, escape routes from a potential inferno for others will be made available - subject of course, to the required acquiescence.

I have faith that we have both the means and savvy to be able to surgically demonstrate war, to illustrate its unbridled effects, and to sell the parachutes necessary that the VIPs will need.
I have a boner

That is, I think, becoming more and more likely by the day. I suspect UEFA would have to cave in completely in that case but things look rather worse for them now than they did six months ago...
You are right. Different UEFA officials have been going down like ninepins in various ongoing corruption probes and the organisation is facing financial meltdown thanks to Covid 19. They would be insane to start a legal battle with City at this point.
I have always thought that UEFA just want CAS to get them off the hook. CAS throw our case out and UEFA tell the cartel clubs "We did our best for you." Of course the slur to our name will stick.

But FIFA and UEFA are hardly on good terms. As I understand FIFA and Infantino are more on City's side?

So basically FIFA/City/Infantino vs G14/American owners/UEFA?

I think this is rather too simple an analysis. There is certainly considerable tension between UEFA and FIFA and the G 14 seem not to have forgiven Infantino for brokering the 2014 settlement with City but I would suggest that a unifying factor is corruption. Put simply if they don't hang together they may well hang separately and not on a date and at a time of their choosing. FIFA may well still be reeling from their not-too-distant brushed with the FBI. UEFA have suffered less - Platini only got a rap on the knuckles in comparison - but I suspect they will not welcome an invetigation into "improprieties" around TV deals whether in Infantino's time or not - any probes may conclude that the TV deal with the Qataris is worth more than a second look, and this may raise questions about M. Leterme's role in that and the IC... My point is that FIFA and UEFA are up to the eyeballs in corruption and now is just about the worst time for professional, impartial investigators to go poking their noses in. Especially with Mr Mubarak's irrefutable evidence waiting in the wings.

Are we saying that the irrefutable evidence of Khaldoon is to do with FFP or something more sinister?

It briefly came up, but didn't get much coverage. @City_rabin did well to find that quote (FIFA about using stolen emails). I searched for it and couldn't find anything at all.
Searching for 'fifa email referred to in the article was obtained by hacking, which is an illegal criminal act' brings up a LOT of media reporting it. Not so much in this country that I could see from a quick perusal though.

I'd be very disappointed if City over the last few years haven't employed several private investigators to bug and follow round taking incriminating photos of the G14 gobshites hatching their little plans and bribing everyone required to stop the blue juggernaut on it's way to world dominance!

Leterme is a real liability for UEFA, as you say because of his handling of the PSG case but also because of his inability to keep his mouth shut. This led to his ridiculous denial of any leaks from the IC, but his loudmouthed, tactless outbursts as Belgian PM got him into hot water there. The other thing that I think he's managed to do is to involve UEFA in weldpolitik! This sounds far fetched but PSG are Qatari owned and the handling of their case showed a clear bias, which links to corruption and the world cup. This is bad enough for Leterme's credibility and that of UEFA and FFP, but then Leterme does everything he can to ensure that City -owned by Qatar's great enemy - are stiffed on charges 5 years old and already dealt with, and by means of a procedure which is the exact opposite of fair. This appears to be to repay Qatar for what exactly. It would be thought the recently signed TV deal would mean the Qataris would be the grateful party. Or is an ex-PM still dabbling in politics? And why? Then we get another twist when Facebook take down a platform which is a Qatari vehicle for fake news about City and the UAE, but also Saudi Arabia and the USA. The thought will have occurred to many that UEFA is part of a Qatari web to destabilise the middle east.

This is way above UEFA's pay grade and is the last thing they need. If City have any evidence at all that such connections exist UEFA are in the deepest of mires and the outcome for them would be catastrophic. If Ceferin has the slightest suspicion that any such evidence MAY exist he'll be working his whatsits off to stop this going anywhere near court, and he won't think twice about feeding Leterme to the wolves and any other human sacrifice City demand. At the moment it's just circumstantial, speculation and conspiracy theory ... but we don't know yet what Khaldoon's "irrefutable evidence" actually is.

I've just finished reading THE UGLY GAME, and i will say that i don't trust anyone from UEFA or FIFA from taking a back hander from the Qataris, who are very good at the dark arts and everyone has a price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.