UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought that by now, after the achievements of the last two years and the sheer beauty of the football we play, we would be an accepted and respected part of the elite by now but that clearly isn't happening. The only way for us to gain acceptance by the governing bodies and by the media in this country is to use brutal force and litigate the fuck out of anyone that steps over the line and bans individual journalists that are incapable of demonstrating balance in their reporting of us. Being nice has not worked for the last ten years and it sure as god isn't going to start working now.

Much like our owners then

Nick McGeehan here, folks, claiming that the 'CAS ... says [MCFC] approach "artificial and misleading" and "legally wrong"' when that text appears in para 51 of the CAS judgment clearly qualified by the staement that "The submissions of UEFA ... may be summarised as follows".

So, in representing UEFA's submissions as the impartial view of the CAS, is he simply mistaken, or being disingenuous, or being intellectually dishonest? I know what I think.

Nick is a bit of a git tbh
He's constantly referred to as an expert but hes been schooled by multiple people including world renowned lawyers over the human rights in UAE.
He's created his own company and is attacking City as often as he can, then being used as a quote for hire by anti City journalists who wish to attack the club, fanbase and country as a whole.
These same journalists then don't view their own links to dodgy organisations as troublesome nor their connections to dubious people

He's constantly referred to as an expert but hes been schooled by multiple people including world renowned lawyers over the human rights in UAE.
He's created his own company and is attacking City as often as he can, then being used as a quote for hire by anti City journalists who wish to attack the club, fanbase and country as a whole.
These same journalists then don't view their own links to dodgy organisations as troublesome nor their connections to dubious people

Attacking ikkle old City seems to have become a business and infatuation for a few.

Bet he get a nice monthly payment into his account

Well that was hard going, managed to read the entire document.

There are worrying elements for both sides of the stand off?

City's supporting evidence has clearly had little bearing in terms of what the Football Leaks hacking had released into the public domain.

The CAS document is essentially a very expensive and detailed way of saying City have put the cart before the horse (which we pretty much knew, anyhow)

Worrying caveats include UEFA getting off the hook if they do suddenly unearth an individual within their ranks who leaked information, yet would in no way prohibit the AC's findings and sanctions?

CAS suggesting the press may have been speculating, rather the direct leaks from UEFA.

Yup, UEFA have committed two of the worst breaches of professional standards in conducting investigations. 1) breach of confidentiality and 2) failure to disclose.

A word of warning, though, Courts are a law unto themselves. I've seen cases where one side or the other has had real bollockings from the judge both before and during the trial but still got a succesful verdict. This case hasn't reached Court yet and whether it ever does now depends on UEFA's decision. Clearly, if it does decide to punish us, the matter will go to Court and, then, as I say, nothing is a forgone conclusion.

Bear in mind, also, that what we've seen so far alludes only to the shambolic investigation process. If that is a reflection of the whole, I should imagine that the"evidence" against us is equally questionable and the appeal would be extended to additional matters since, as part of the judgement, it would be available as evidence in our appeal against the decision.

In short, in my opinion, this particular can of worms has a whole lot more worms in it than we have seen so far.

There's the rub.
UEFA started an investigation, they didn't conclude that investigation, they relied on hacked emails and press reports taken out of context, they didn't pass information to City and therefore didn't allow City to present any evidence or rebuttal, they kicked the issue upstairs to avoid missing the statute limitations, they only presented a "scope" document because they couldn't provide an investigation report as the investigation wasn't complete, they're questioning the published accounts of major companies, they've exceeded their own powers by reopening a case that was settled in full, they've exceeded their own power by investigating beyond the current FFP reporting period, they've exceeded their own powers by passing an unfinished investigation to the adjudicatory chamber, they have seemingly deliberately leaked data on multiple occasions including after City had asked them to cease doing so.

Well that was hard going, managed to read the entire document.

There are worrying elements for both sides of the stand off?

City's supporting evidence has clearly had little bearing in terms of what the Football Leaks hacking had released into the public domain.

The CAS document is essentially a very expensive and detailed way of saying City have put the cart before the horse (which we pretty much knew, anyhow)

Worrying caveats include UEFA getting off the hook if they do suddenly unearth an individual within their ranks who leaked information, yet would in no way prohibit the AC's findings and sanctions?

CAS suggesting the press may have been speculating, rather the direct leaks from UEFA.

Have the Auditors ever made a public statement? I've never seen one so far but they have been referenced quite a bit lately within negative articles. I know people in the finance industry and one thing you never ever do is try to make out that an auditor is in some way complicit in anything remotely dodgy, their licensing alone wouldn't be worth it and to be honest it wouldn't suprise me if they also go after UEFA if they are accused of doing anything untoward.
Thats a very good point Si and I suspect one reason that UEFA are probably shitting themselves over.

How do you know that?

City's evidence was only provided after the case had been passed upwards and allowed then because UEFA hadn't followed due process in providing the "scope" of the investigation, let alone the actual findings to City, or letting City properly respond per due process before they did so.
At the moment everything CAS has done is procedural, CAS have not and will not make any determination of any actual evidence themselves until UEFA present a decision and then only if City appeal further.
The fact that CAS allowed City to include that evidence in the case file is actually a blow against UEFA as normally any such additional submission wouldn't be allowed.
Also adding that fact that CAS has effectively publicly rebuked UEFA for the leaks by describing them as "worrying" - as I said earlier its diplomatic speech and in that regard is a fairly strong criticism.
In short UEFA have completely fucked up the process and the ball is in their court now whether to press ahead or back down - neither of which look like an easy route for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.