UEFA FFP investigation into 2014 filings - Case Hearing reportedly delayed till New year (The Times)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

This all hinges on the accuracy of The Athletic report.

Let's hope they haven't simply tagged Sam Lee in on a dual by-line to give it a degree of City legitimacy.

If he is involved, then he will have made sure of an official steer from Simon Heggie.

2. Marvin

Marvin

I would take the Athletic's view because Tony Evans is a self-confessed Liverpool fan, however it seems to me UEFA are split. The investigation committee recommends one approach, the Adjudicatory Chamber another? And there will be discussion, appeals etc.

Seems to me that as Tolmie hinted, UEFA will probably meet at end of the group stages and ratify decision of the Adjudicatory chamber but there are all sorts of forces at work, La Liga Presidents etc working behind the scenes so like Exeter Blue I am not complacently thinking this is done.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  3. dickie davies

dickie davies

But we don't know
    All we do know is that, the case has been passed up the ladder to the AC, so we are where we were before City lodged the appeal to CAS

I'm hoping that CAS have actually looked at the case and told UEFA that their process is flawed and even if they do find us guilty, City are bound to lodge the appeal again to CAS and CAS will find in our favour, so the best thing to do is say there isn't evidence with a similar statement that was made by the FA on the Sancho case

" the FA conducted a nine-month investigation into the allegations, but they could not find any evidence to substantiate the claims of City's illegal payment"

4. laserblue

laserblue

We got shafted 4 times over the two legs. City also got shafted by the same Catalan hating Spanish ref who was in charge of the 2nd leg against Littlewoods against Monaco the previous season. In the home leg Monaco's keeper completely cleaned out Aguero in the area when he was through on goal within the first half an hour but instead of awarding a penalty and giving the keeper a red card he gave Monaco a free kick and Aguero a yellow card for 'diving'.

Apart from the Llorente handball last season we also got shafted at Schalke when the ref gave a penalty against Otamendi for handball when he had his hands behind his back. His initial decision was no penalty but when he went to review it VAR wasn't working but he bizarrely reversed his decision and gave a penalty despite seeing nothing to contradict his original decision. I know we won the game in the end and ran away with the home leg but the score was 0-0 at the time.

Then there was the blatant stamp on Aguero's foot in the area against Zagreb this season which the ref turned down and despite the clear evidence VAR didn't tell the ref to change his decision and award a penalty. (Shades of Silva at Bournemouth). Again City won but the game wasn't safe at the time of the incident.

There are multiple ways UEFA can make sure City don't win the CL. They've already made a pretty good job of it over the last 3 seasons. Bent bastards.

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Exactly just showed the headline on BBC sport to Mrs Moon & said how do you read that....she said up shit creek until she actually looked at the whole picture, slanted biased shit as usual from the UK press.

6. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

I would like to think City will not be taking UEFA at their word again after the previous movement of goalposts.

All today's news has achieved is to grant a window to the dark forces to apply late pressure against an non-sanction.

Again, a cynic could suggest this is exactly what is desired.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  7. Bandofblues

Bandofblues

Team supported:
    City
    Too True, UEFA raced up that ladder with undue haste and without considering actual facts and admissible evidence leaving themselves wobbling precariously at the top. This was undoubtedly because they realised they had f****d up the timeline and the statute of limitations was about to kick in on an retrospective review/punishment.

The interesting questions are:
    > From the UEFA standpoint can they climb back down and still save face e.g. seeking to hand City a fine rather than a ban - but that would imply they still have to find us guilty of something and it's far from clear what that is.
    > From the City perspective why should they accept a punishment if they believe there is genuinely no case to answer

I hope we don't accept any punishment whatsoever, if we do then our reputation will be forever tarnished by the media.
    Thing is I really cant see UEFA admitting they got it all wrong...........

Bobbyespania likes this.
  8. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

We don’t know”, which is why I used the word “seemingly” and further qualified my post with doubts about the quality of Sam Lee’s sources. Thanks anyway

9. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

You forgot the Atalanta defender in the first game punching the ball away in the penalty area, with the ref two yards away!

Everything else, bang on.

laserblue likes this.
  10. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

I wouldn’t look too much into this,they No nothing,the boys from Abu Dhabi are loving it.