Uefa move the goal posts.

Pam said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
No, the World Cup only comes round every four years i'd rather see a world cup with Messi, Henry, Ribery than Hunt, Lawrence and some average players from Greece.

Ronaldo on the other hand can go fuck himself.

I can certainly see your point but did anyone move the goal posts when England failed to qualify for the Euro's last time round? No. In fact, Twatini went out of his way to say we wouldn't be missed. Yet more double standards from the tatty haired webbed one.

It was different with England though because there were no play-offs involved. You can't really move the goalposts to allow England to qualify if they don't finish in the top two.

It pisses me off well beyond words. They can't just (Well they can and they have, but they shouldn't) change the rules when the qualifiers is almost over, just because it might mean that the "big (moneybag) nations" didn't top their group. It's not fair on the smaller nations. I mean give us a break. Like it wasn't hard enough to qualify on it's own.
We clearly weren't good enough to finish top of our group (still a slight hope left but I wont hold my breath..still a slight panic note that we wont come second..but hopefully we should do.) and clearly either were the so called big nations. I don't see why they should be given a break just because of their history. Clearly they're not good enough not. They shouldn't be treated any differently to us.
I'd have no (well less of one) problem if that had been the rules from the start, but they weren't. And Uefa have gone about ruining it for the smaller nations.
God forbid the UEFA do the right thing, in the spirit of football, instead of one driven by the money. We can always dream.

They weren't good enough to finish top of their group. We haven't qualified in a while. If they're so good they shouldn't be afraid of playing one of the other, give the rest of us a chance to qualify. It's not all about the money like ffs.
If they're not good enough to win the group, being the top seeds, then they probably wont be good enough to do much in the WC either.

It's double standards, it's unfair. But like they give a shit.

Bluebee2 said:
They were seeded last time also, it's that they've only just announced it. There were always gonna be seedings.

How very George Orwell.

IrishMacca said:
It pisses me off well beyond words. They can't just (Well they can and they have, but they shouldn't) change the rules when the qualifiers is almost over, just because it might mean that the "big (moneybag) nations" didn't top their group. It's not fair on the smaller nations. I mean give us a break. Like it wasn't hard enough to qualify on it's own.
We clearly weren't good enough to finish top of our group (still a slight hope left but I wont hold my breath..still a slight panic note that we wont come second..but hopefully we should do.) and clearly either were the so called big nations. I don't see why they should be given a break just because of their history. Clearly they're not good enough not. They shouldn't be treated any differently to us.
I'd have no (well less of one) problem if that had been the rules from the start, but they weren't. And Uefa have gone about ruining it for the smaller nations.
God forbid the UEFA do the right thing, in the spirit of football, instead of one driven by the money. We can always dream.

They weren't good enough to finish top of their group. We haven't qualified in a while. If they're so good they shouldn't be afraid of playing one of the other, give the rest of us a chance to qualify. It's not all about the money like ffs.
If they're not good enough to win the group, being the top seeds, then they probably wont be good enough to do much in the WC either.

Don't they realise that it's every bit as uplifting to see the likes of ROI giving the big boys a run for their money in world cup finals as it is watching the likes of Portugal flatter to deceive.

Pam said:
IrishMacca said:

Don't they realise that it's every bit as uplifting to see the likes of ROI giving the big boys a run for their money in world cup finals as it is watching the likes of Portugal flatter to deceive.

Exactly.

Given and Dunnaldo helping Eire to their obligatory 1-0 win over england in the group stage.

STOP PRESS:- Seedings have been changed to allow teams with names starting with Wa to qualify automatically, Platini said it had nothing to do with the World Cup committee wanting Sir Ryan Giggs to appear.

GAZZA said:
STOP PRESS:- Seedings have been changed to allow teams with names starting with Wa to qualify automatically, Platini said it had nothing to do with the World Cup committee wanting Sir Ryan Giggs to appear.

But people with the initials CB must be excluded from the Welsh squad for these purposes. That is a non negotiable condition.

It seems that international football is as corrupt as european club football by doing everything to protect the privilege of the elite nations and lining their own pockets in the process.

Its one big pisstake. I'd love to hear what people would have to say if it effected England.

God I'd love to see the look on that twats face if the French didn't qualify.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.