UEFA Nations League Finals | 19:45 - Final - Portugal vs Netherlands (Page 164)

Stones has lost his marker on every corner tonight and has cost us the game here. The lad is far too casual.
He's either absolutely brilliant or rubbish. Like someone said above there's no in between. He's not good enough for City, which is why we need another Centre Half. It was hilarious seeing "future world class" above. Were those people watching the same game as me? He has lost every man on every single corner. He's had a poor game defensively by his standards. He has the ability on the ball, but mentally he's very weak and he's got to improve on that.

He's ultimately at fault for both of their goals tonight.

The only thing more depressing than Stones' performance is knowing that we're going to replace him with Maguire, who has been just as bad but escaped without it costing England.

Stones looks fucked, absolutely knackered. Shouldn't have started him, lacking match fitness big time .

Sort of where I am but we know he takes a good 6 games to get his head into it. He does silly shit until he’s played a few and the early signs were there tonight so why not sub him...

Shocking mistake by Stones but I have some sympathy when, on the odd occasion a midfield player actually shows for it, it is played straight back.

Far too much is being expected of the defenders when the supposed playmakers are shirking responsibility.

For the same reason, the forwards aren't getting any ball .

Very harsh the stick Stones is getting. He's a great player and arguably won us the league with his goal line clearance against Liverpool. Had personal issues and not played much this season so is hardly at his sharpest. Poor mistake and should not have started tonight but for me a great player when fit and playing regularly.

He hasn't played more than 20 minutes in a game for about two months, so it's not surprising he's looking shite. He was playing really well when he was first choice at the start of the season.
I agree,blues throwing him under the bus annoys me,although the 2 main detractors only post to dig players out

So you play a different system. That's what good managers do. Play to the strengths of their players. If we've got Crouchy up top, you don't play it through the channels

he has played different systems. hes switched to a diamond this match. if it wasnt for a mistake we were playing quite well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.