UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted to just go on the day to the game:

No idea if they are running shit service shuttles!

Wizz Air from Luton: (From £72)
06:50 lands 13:35.
Return Gatwick: (From £171)
05:00 lands 06:55
or return Luton
14:50 lands 16:50

About an hour/ hour and a half metro/train

Looking at Stansted. Ryanair return or out with Ryan and back with Jet2 (about £286 return)

Metro or train to Piraeus from Athens Int. (about €16 return)
M
There a no cheap flights it’s a massive fuck up . And it takes a day and costs an arm and a leg to get to that shit hole in the middle of nowhere Stanstead .

or
return Luton

wonder if day trips will be put forward

Who's this with mate? More for future reference as I never realised they did packages there. Think I'll be doing a day trip over there.

Best behaviour in Piraeus lads, don't be walking round with beers in the streets, few local knuckle draggers round there and that's before you get truncheoned off the coppers. Better pissing it up in the centre where it's tolerated a bit more in the touristy areas.
Olympic holidays, they use Easyjet planes now, not cheap but my missus gets her NHS bonus and back pay next week so that will cover it

To be fair the first half of the journey was ace. Loads of beer, tunes and loads of other blues but when the beer turned warm, the stench of piss got stronger and the noisy cunts in the cabin next door got louder and louder the second 6.5 hours was a bit of a stretch.
Getting kicked off at Kapikule on the Turkish border was pretty terrifying, passport checks, bags x rayed and cabins searched. I reckon if anyone got locked up there they’d never be seen again
We had 3 hours at the Turkish road border. Spent with the inter ultras ,had better night's .

or
return Luton

The Athens metro system is a bit slicker than the one in Istanbul, there will be no problems getting to the ground, you just have to change at Piraeus central and all signs are in English. I'll put details up closer to the game (I'm not the new Kerem).

Does anyone know what the Olympiacos fans will be like? Apparently they are the biggest team and have the biggest support in Athens and Greece.

Isn’t there a hooliganism problem in Greece? Aren’t Greek football fans very volatile as a rule? Olympiacos hooligans/Ultras are known as Gate 7.

Let’s be honest, we sort of got away without any trouble in Istanbul as we respected the people, the culture, and the area around Nevizade Street. The Galatasaray fans who ventured down to Nevizade Street joined in with the City fans and were great.

PS. On a positive note. Aris are still the best away support I’ve ever heard at the Etihad.

Despite Olympiacos being the Man United of Greece, they're some of the loudest fans and Piraeus lads aren't shrinking violets in comparison to the rest of the city, it's a port town. Think of Marseille, Napoli, Belfast, New York. Working class area and technically a city of its own next to Athens.

I highly doubt their fans would be looking for trouble with us, they're into their own shit. Word of warning though, the pissed up behaviour in Nevizade will not be tolerated in Athens (especially Piraeus) like it would be in the resorts we go to in Zante or Malia that cater for that; drinking isn't part of the Greek culture . The non-Muslim Turks drink x100 more than the Greeks do. You're looking about 7 quid a pint minimum in Athens, it ain't cheap for ale or meals.

Despite Olympiacos being the Man United of Greece, they're some of the loudest fans and Piraeus lads aren't shrinking violets in comparison to the rest of the city, it's a port town. Think of Marseille, Napoli, Belfast, New York. Working class area and technically a city of its own next to Athens.

I highly doubt their fans would be looking for trouble with us, they're into their own shit. Word of warning though, the pissed up behaviour in Nevizade will not be tolerated in Athens (especially Piraeus) like it would be in the resorts we go to in Zante or Malia that cater for that; drinking isn't part of the Greek culture . The non-Muslim Turks drink x100 more than the Greeks do. You're looking about 7 quid a pint minimum in Athens, it ain't cheap for ale or meals.
No direct flights.
Extortionate priced flights with stupid connecting flights only .
Piraeus is full of rag types with attitude.
You can’t party .
7 fucking euro a pint .

Not looking good this .
Looking a write off to be fair !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.