UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I happen to be in Athens now, and have seen on the UEFA website there's still tickets available for the game. There's only category 1 tickets (120 euros), but my family emigrated from the UK when I was young, and accordingly I've never had the chance to see City play except on the TV despite supporting for over a decade. So I'd be willing to pay the cost for this as it's a one off and I'll probably never get to see them play live again.

Thing is, I was in an accident a month ago and am walking around on crutches. There's no disability access seats available left, only these category 1 tickets. I can climb up stairs - slowly - but not loads and loads of them, and certainly not in a big crowd.

I'd obviously be willing to arrive early and just leave the stadium after the initial crowds have filtered out, but I'm unsure how the system works here.

If you buy a ticket can you just turn up at the ground an hour or so beforehand and get let in? As I'd want to get seated and settled in before a mass of people arrives at the turnstiles, as I'm well aware I'm just going to piss people off hugely going up stairs at the pace of a 100 year old man, and I don't really want to risk getting knocked over in the crowd either.

Does anyone know approximately how many steps there are to get to a seat in the category 1 section of the stadium and if it's gonna be remotely feasible to climb them on crutches?

Thanks for any help. If it's not really gonna be possible to make it work I'll still be supporting from one of the bars so might see you there!
I don't know the specifics for this game but 1hr before kick off would probably be very busy mate. That's a normal time to get in the stadium. It will definitely be open before that. I'd say just get there early as you can and if they see your on crutches you hopefully will get some assistance anyway. Just ask when your there.

Hey guys,

I happen to be in Athens now, and have seen on the UEFA website there's still tickets available for the game. There's only category 1 tickets (120 euros), but my family emigrated from the UK when I was young, and accordingly I've never had the chance to see City play except on the TV despite supporting for over a decade. So I'd be willing to pay the cost for this as it's a one off and I'll probably never get to see them play live again.

Thing is, I was in an accident a month ago and am walking around on crutches. There's no disability access seats available left, only these category 1 tickets. I can climb up stairs - slowly - but not loads and loads of them, and certainly not in a big crowd.

I'd obviously be willing to arrive early and just leave the stadium after the initial crowds have filtered out, but I'm unsure how the system works here.

If you buy a ticket can you just turn up at the ground an hour or so beforehand and get let in? As I'd want to get seated and settled in before a mass of people arrives at the turnstiles, as I'm well aware I'm just going to piss people off hugely going up stairs at the pace of a 100 year old man, and I don't really want to risk getting knocked over in the crowd either.

Does anyone know approximately how many steps there are to get to a seat in the category 1 section of the stadium and if it's gonna be remotely feasible to climb them on crutches?

Thanks for any help. If it's not really gonna be possible to make it work I'll still be supporting from one of the bars so might see you there!
‘Gates will open at 19:00 for a 22:00 kick-off, and we recommend getting to the stadium at least 3 hours before the start of the match’.

It only holds 30,000 and Blues will be more than helpful. If you’re getting up the steps slowly people will wait behind you and if you’re struggling getting up the steps I don’t know a single Blue who wouldn’t help you.

City fans are notorious for leaving it until the last minute because they want to get as much drinking time in as possible so if you arrive early I doubt there’ll be that many there.

Every final I’ve ever been to, the opposition end is full about half an hour before the game, our end is only full as the game kicks off. While I normally dislike this, it might be better for you.

Hey guys,

The photos online appear quite modern, as it was rebuilt a few years back. But, unclear accessibility etc. Floor surfaces and distances from transport may be a challenge.

‘Gates will open at 19:00 for a 22:00 kick-off, and we recommend getting to the stadium at least 3 hours before the start of the match’.

It only holds 30,000 and Blues will be more than helpful. If you’re getting up the steps slowly people will wait behind you and if you’re struggling getting up the steps I don’t know a single Blue who wouldn’t help you.

City fans are notorious for leaving it until the last minute because they want to get as much drinking time in as possible so if you arrive early I doubt there’ll be that many there.

Every final I’ve ever been to, the opposition end is full about half an hour before the game, our end is only full as the game kicks off. While I normally dislike this, it might be better for you.

Totally agree with all of this post. However, I don't anticipate there being many of us over here for this, maybe 1-2k. The majority of the crowd will be from the Middle East and Asia. Like Istanbul, Athens is a transit hub. There will be more neutrals and City 'fans' who've flown in than British or Greek fans. If the OP is desperate to see the game, I'd say go for it, but you can't expect the crowd to behave like City fans would towards disabled fans. It will likely be a free for all with clout chasers grabbing flags and selfies etc.

The photos online appear quite modern, as it was rebuilt a few years back. But, unclear accessibility etc. Floor surfaces and distances from transport may be a challenge.
I walked around the stadium yesterday, getting there might be the real challenge, but once he’s there it shouldn’t be a problem I think

Hey guys,

It's Greece,get into the stadium and sit wherever you like.... before that, come early,walk slowly and carefully with the crutches,and if you need help just ask ,no problem....and enjoy the day....CTID lad

I don't give a shit for the score,i just want us to win the trophy....an early 2-0 will be good enough for me , to watch the rest of the game without stress....

Totally agree with all of this post. However, I don't anticipate there being many of us over here for this, maybe 1-2k. The majority of the crowd will be from the Middle East and Asia. Like Istanbul, Athens is a transit hub. There will be more neutrals and City 'fans' who've flown in than British or Greek fans. If the OP is desperate to see the game, I'd say go for it, but you can't expect the crowd to behave like City fans would towards disabled fans. It will likely be a free for all with clout chasers grabbing flags and selfies etc.
Good point mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.