UEFA Youth League QF - Roma v City

Neville Kneville said:
I don't understand what the point is in a youth tournament, of parking the bus , chucking yourselves over, timewasting etc, to win a tournament.

If the whole team are going to stick together for ten years I can see a point in it, but if the exercise is to produce a couple of players for the first team, it doesn't make any sense.

You can train anybody to do that. You don't need to be particularly talented.

Because that's what you have to do in Europe because Uefa do nothing about time wasting cheating fuckers so you either do it or win fuck all In Europe! Italian are experts on time wasting cheating diving and gamesmanship plus a bunch of racist

waspish said:
Neville Kneville said:
I don't understand what the point is in a youth tournament, of parking the bus , chucking yourselves over, timewasting etc, to win a tournament.

If the whole team are going to stick together for ten years I can see a point in it, but if the exercise is to produce a couple of players for the first team, it doesn't make any sense.

Because that's what you have to do in Europe because Uefa do nothing about time wasting cheating fuckers so you either do it or win fuck all In Europe! Italian are experts on time wasting cheating diving and gamesmanship plus a bunch of racist

I think that this aspect of the game is one which is ignored the world over. Look at oppo goalkeepers at The Etihad. Each goal kick is taken with the purpose of taking longer than the last one. What do the refs do? Well, the first thing they do is turn their back on the kicker and stroll to the safety of the halfway line. Then they might hear the voiced annoyance of the crowd, so they turn and see the oppo goalie waiting for a signal so they can put the ball into play. When the goalie gets the 'armwave' from the ref, he then shifts the ball a few millimetres and signals to his team mates that he is not going short and he is attempting to kick the ball into the Ashton Canal. The ref then blows the whistle (second signal!) and after a few hops, skips and jumps the goalie puts the ball into play. Result - second or third place in the longest goal kick in the PL (Schwarzer holds the record and will probably hold it for as long as Bob Beaman held the long jump record! ) Result for the fans - about 59 minutes of actual play out of 90! And, true to form, Uefa fuck off the US suggestion of having a timekeeper who counts down the 90!!

What stuck in my mind was when city were awarded the penalty, the official seemed to be deliberately unnerving ambrose before he put it away, I watch him talk to to at least 3 players then walk slowly in front of ambrose taking at least nearly two minutes before he put the ball away, very poor showing by this referee, I'm sorry but I would have lost my cool if I'd have been the coach, their was a lot of shinanigans coming from the Italians all the time being allowed to get away with it, a lot of people seem to listen to these muppet commentators and take what they say as gold, throughout the game they criticised viera constantly a very one sided commentary which i found very unusual for a youth game, they really are braindead wannabe never been managers ?

waspish said:
Neville Kneville said:

map-grey.gif

Sanchez on a yellow for Arsenal, goes through the back of a Monaco player. It's a yellow, but it's not a bad foul, so the ref just gives the kick. If he does it again he'll go.

That's what most refs will do unless they have absolutely no option or are biased. That twat today would have sent him off.

Very poor performance by City, almost as if we thought we would just turn up and win because we put 8 past them in the group stage over the two ties.

I personally think we peaked too early in this competition, the signs were there in the Shalke game when we only just scraped through, Roma didn't look all that in the groups but look to be peaking as a team when it matters.

Poor by Vieira as well, his constant moaning at the ref reflected onto the pitch and lead to the two sendings off in my opinion.

Some of these players of ours will go on and have solid careers but they are miles away from our first team.

Just to add, I though Jack Byrne looked twice the player when he dropped into deep-lying midfield, the looked a really accomplished midfielder.

sam-caddick said:
Very poor performance by City, almost as if we thought we would just turn up and win because we put 8 past them in the group stage over the two ties.

I personally think we peaked too early in this competition, the signs were there in the Shalke game when we only just scraped through, Roma didn't look all that in the groups but look to be peaking as a team when it matters.

Poor by Vieira as well, his constant moaning at the ref reflected onto the pitch and lead to the two sendings off in my opinion.

Some of these players of ours will go on and have solid careers but they are miles away from our first team.

Just to add, I though Jack Byrne looked twice the player when he dropped into deep-lying midfield, the looked a really accomplished midfielder.
No we didn't.

I don't think Vieira helped putting Humphreys at RB and Maffeo at CB; it resulted in absolutely nothing down the right for the majority of the game until Nemane came on. But I can understand why Patrick lost his cool, typical Italian performance.

Don't know why people have to make up problems which weren't there.

We tried really hard as a team. We lost.

To suggest that is because we turned up with an attitude 'as if we just had to' because we beat them twice before, is pretty low & just basically shit stirring & downright nasty imo. There was no evidence for that whatsoever & it's totally unfair. These lads have worked like fuck all season.

Glad most games aren't on tv.

Neville Kneville said:
Don't know why people have to make up problems which weren't there.

We tried really hard as a team. We lost.

To suggest that is because we turned up with an attitude 'as if we just had to' because we beat them twice before, is pretty low & just basically shit stirring & downright nasty imo. There was no evidence for that whatsoever & it's totally unfair. These lads have worked like fuck all season.

Glad most games aren't on tv.

Well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.