UK ‘Special Forces’

Mate of mine is ex SAS, tells some of the funniest and scariest stories (when he's pissed up) about his time in the regiment. He was at the Iranian embassy and when I asked him if he went in through a window he replied "nah that was the boring bit for the cameras, I was inside shooting people"
Not surprised, there have already been two in this thread that know first hand balcony occupants. The balcony must have been so packed your mate must have had to smash the back doors in.

I don't really know any personally but I can tell you that they all retire in Phuket in Thailand. I think nearly every English bloke I ever met in a bar there was pleased to tell me that he was ex-SAS/Paras/MI5 or similar. They usually went on to say that they couldn't say any more about it though, so sadly I have no further information to share, other than that they still maintain their excellent disguise after retirement, as to most outside observers they all looked a bit like sad, old, fat, lonely men.
I have an old friend aka sad twat (he grew up a few doors down the road from me) who has turned into one of these weird people. He’s been Lying about having been a Para/SAS/SBS for thirty years now. He uses it as a chat up line or to try and intimidate people he doesn’t know. Some of my other mates have called him out on it several times but he continues to do it. He couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag

Not surprised, there have already been two in this thread that know first hand balcony occupants. The balcony must have been so packed your mate must have had to smash the back doors in.
It seems to me that this thread has a lot of people know a huge number of people who have gone through Selection especially the Resistance to interrogation phase with its white noise and other unpleasantries. The successful ones must have had secrecy drummed in and especially when they left and the provisions of the Official Secrets Act were really hammered home when they left.
And having done all this they told their tales of derring do to people in pubs. As if.

I bumped into a mate from school last week who joined the SAS but he didn’t like the early mornings so joined NASA for a few years but he said the moon was really boring. Works in the local chippy now which he loves. Pulled Angelina Jolie last week who popped in for a chip barm and jumbo sausage.

Nice bloke in fairness.
Don’t tell me...the jumbo sausage was his...and he gently placed it in her muffin?!

Writes itself! Barm??? Come on, man, where’s your imagination for double entendres?! ;-)

The Iranian embassy seige is a bit like York away in military terms. I'm not doubting your mate in particular, but let's just say it must have been a bloody big balcony :-)
yep i know what your saying, these two guys were there though, verified by other sources never spoken about by the two guys themselves. last i heard one of the guys was in the middle east using his old skills on protection duties.

It seems to me that this thread has a lot of people know a huge number of people who have gone through Selection especially the Resistance to interrogation phase with its white noise and other unpleasantries. The successful ones must have had secrecy drummed in and especially when they left and the provisions of the Official Secrets Act were really hammered home when they left.
And having done all this they told their tales of derring do to people in pubs. As if.
I actually knew someone who qualified as an interrogator. He did a couple of stints on SF SERE and Aircrew training, but he binned it as he wasn't particularly comfortable inflicting pain and suffering on other human beings, even if it was 'pretend'.

How highly trained are the SAS and SBS?

How elite are their levels of physical fitness, strength, adaptability and durability to extreme weather conditions, to extreme sleep deprivation, lack of food/water etc. And also psychological eliteness, intelligence, problem solving, learning capacity, tactical awareness, torture durability..?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.