UK ‘Special Forces’

How highly trained are the SAS and SBS?

How elite are their levels of physical fitness, strength, adaptability and durability to extreme weather conditions, to extreme sleep deprivation, lack of food/water etc. And also psychological eliteness, intelligence, problem solving, learning capacity, tactical awareness, torture durability..?
I think the answer would be “very.”

Isn’t that the point?

My old mate Tommo was a lovely bloke. Everyone that met him said what a gentleman he was. I got to know him when he would follow the pubs Sunday team then drink with us after the match. We knew he was a para cos he always wore his cap and badge.
For the next 30 years we drank and talked footy and people whenever I saw him but he never talked about his army days. In his later years he talked a bit more about those years but only gave us snippets and never bragged.
A couple of years before he died ('19) two big old Scottish fellas turn up at the pub asking if we knew' Tommo'. We said no but they sat down and had a pint anyway. These two weren't shy and by their third pint we told em we knew Tommo and he usually comes in for a pint about 3.
He didn't come in but the blokes stayed and told us all sorts of tales about Tommos Para exploits. Surprisingly to us he was boxing champion, hard as nails little mad bastard. Saw lots of real action in jungles and deserts and 'special jobs'
When I talked to him about this Tommo told me the SAS asked him to join (I think this was when the founder was still alive) and he wanted to. His boss in the Paras said no.

Said on here before, but after the Iranian embassy siege (carried out but over 12,000 SAS members) we played this out at primary school following the days after it. Cemented their infamy that day.

One of my best mate’s bro is very high up in the RAF and they often train at their facilities (believe it or not, doing yoga).
This is what it tell everyone when I mention I do yoga....

I bumped into a mate from school last week who joined the SAS but he didn’t like the early mornings so joined NASA for a few years but he said the moon was really boring. Works in the local chippy now which he loves. Pulled Angelina Jolie last week who popped in for a chip barm and jumbo sausage.

Nice bloke in fairness.
I dont suppose his name's Elvis by any chance.

How elite are their levels of physical fitness, strength, adaptability and durability to extreme weather conditions, to extreme sleep deprivation, lack of food/water etc. And also psychological eliteness, intelligence, problem solving, learning capacity, tactical awareness, torture durability..?
I can navigate with a map & compass in all weather, day and night. I know that I usually walk 63 and a half double paces on the flat per 100 meters, and 85 to 110 up or down hill depending on the terrain and weather. It's hard work, and I really have to concentrate, and it can be really easy to f*ck up.

Special Forces can do this at speed, under pressure and carrying more than I weigh on their backs whilst planning an assault and extraction, all whilst doing the Times Crossword. Alright, I made the last one up, but you get the picture.

So, just an average day with my wife then.

Would like to know the same.

Dude I know is now a successful businessman with own consultancy, a qualified small plane pilot too. So bright and very savvy (if you spoke to him).

I was lucky enough to go on a joint training exercise with them at Hereford a few years ago. When we got there they took us in a garage and did a show and tell of their equipment which was interesting to say the least! Then we did ours, which didn’t take long let me tell you. They had some sweet vehicles - an Insignia VXR estate, an E55 AMG estate and an ML63. I remember having breakfast in their canteen and there was a roped off bit marked ‘selection’ with a few lads in there. At the end of the exercise we were able to go into G Squadron’s barracks and share a lovely curry and free bar with them.

It seems to me that this thread has a lot of people know a huge number of people who have gone through Selection especially the Resistance to interrogation phase with its white noise and other unpleasantries. The successful ones must have had secrecy drummed in and especially when they left and the provisions of the Official Secrets Act were really hammered home when they left.
And having done all this they told their tales of derring do to people in pubs. As if.
I reckon you're actually in some sort of special forces and your post is you 'hiding in plain sight' in the guise of a cynical fucking misery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.