UK steel industry

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
Great speech by Lee Anderson.

What on EARTH is the point of shutting down (or not opening up) coal and steel production here in the UK (in the name of Net Zero) when doing so just means we have to import the stuff from countries that mine and burn coal to make the stuff we import??? It's utter madness.

A) It is even less environmentally sensible, adding transportation CO2 cost to the process, and

B) It puts thousands of people out of work, destroys communities and damages the economy.

Ed Milliband is a moron.

what was the point of closing coal mines only to import coal
what was the point of closing the cotton industry only to import clothes
what was the point of closing ship yards when we still need shipping

The world changes and things move on - 30p Lee is nothing more than a public bore down the pub
True. I think there is a security/defence argument for keeping at least some of our steel industry though

The whole green fiasco is pointless until the rest of the world joins in. I'm sick of paying thorugh the nose for all the "green" policies, rip off air zones, anti-polluting "road tax" etc etc. We actually share the air with countries like China and India and if the UK stopped producing CO2 tomorrow it won't take long at all until the CO2 we 'saved' is replaced by additional CO2 from other countries. The UK is NOT a "world leader" , we're a small country mugging it's population....

The ultra-capitalist model of the last 40-odd years does not care about social or strategic considerations. (These are 'leftie.')

If coal from Poland is cheaper than coal from Britain, that's what we use, even if it's of lower quality and throws British miners on the dole.

The likes of Farage would like to extend this principle to food. One reason for their hatred of the EU which maintained high food standards and prevented us from being poisoned by cheap processed crap from the USA.

Last edited:
The whole green fiasco is pointless until the rest of the world joins in. I'm sick of paying thorugh the nose for all the "green" policies, rip off air zones, anti-polluting "road tax" etc etc. We actually share the air with countries like China and India and if the UK stopped producing CO2 tomorrow it won't take long at all until the CO2 we 'saved' is replaced by additional CO2 from other countries. The UK is NOT a "world leader" , we're a small country mugging it's population....

Czechia, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Poland, Estonia, Romania, India, China, the USA, Spain, Malta, Portugal are just a few of the countries around the world applying ECO/Green taxes in one form another - People like James Melville and Richard Tice know fuck all about what they claim to

If you used your brain you'd know that pollution in London for instance is incredibly high. That's got nothing to do with China. If I'm walking around London I appreciate the low emission zones so that I'm not breathing in as many fumes all day.

If you used your brain you'd know that pollution in London for instance is incredibly high. That's got nothing to do with China. If I'm walking around London I appreciate the low emission zones so that I'm not breathing in as many fumes all day.
London is for rags and cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.