Ukraine v Belgium - Wed 26th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group E

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This must be fake news. Kev was the best player on the pitch and the Belgium fans chanted his name throughout. The Ukraine fans booed at the end because they hated Belgium's spoiling tactics in the second half.
The Ukrainians should boo their own team who looked like they didn't give a shit about scoring until the final 10 minutes, Belgium didn't waste time until stoppage time and were the only team trying to score for most of that second half.

Not sure I get the complaint about Ukraine getting 4 pts but still going out.

It’s exactly the same with the standard 4 teams - 2 qualifying format. Chile have gone through in the World Cup with 3 pts, while teams with 4 pts go out all the time.

It’s pretty simple. It’s a mini league, you have to prove you’re in the best three teams in that mini-league. If you don’t do that then you can’t have any complaints.
Correct. It's seems fair that they are measured against teams in their own 'league'. It's possible that Ukraine wouldn't have got a point in a tougher league.

Not sure I get the complaint about Ukraine getting 4 pts but still going out.

It’s exactly the same with the standard 4 teams - 2 qualifying format. Chile have gone through in the World Cup with 3 pts, while teams with 4 pts go out all the time
My issue is that head to head rule is not suitable in Such a small group.
A team can have scored more, conceded less than a team they finish level on points with but may go out on head to head.
The number of bookings rule and where you finished in qualifying seem a bit odd too.

A team can have scored more, conceded less than a team they finish level on points with but may go out on head to head.
The number of bookings rule and where you finished in qualifying seem a bit odd too.
Seems fine to me that. It's a direct comparison between 2 teams when they played each other.

I agree with that one, I don’t think the head to head rule for this format is good either. Especially when the 3rd place table has to be heavily based on GD. You get this weird situation where goals are only important if you finish in one specific spot in the table.

I can imagine that could in some iterations cause a situation where one team is trying to load up on goals and another is quite happy to concede knowing they are ahead on head to head, in order to knock out somebody they don’t want to play in the next round. Unlikely admittedly but possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.