Umbro Kit deal 10years

It is a great deal and definite step up for our club.

But I just did sum basic sums and...

If the deal is 50Million over 10 years that equates to 5Million pounds per year. Which means, on a yearly basis, it is not really that big?? Now given we dont need the money from sponsorship to buy players etc however if we were a normal club and just scored this deal on a yearly basis it will not equate to a big deal..in my opinion I think Spuds get about 9Million per year from Puma...

what do you think, not against the deal just opening it up for more discussion and fellow bluemooners point of view.

NZBlumer said:

If the deal is 50Million over 10 years that equates to 5Million pounds per year. Which means, on a yearly basis, it is not really that big?? Now given we dont need the money from sponsorship to buy players etc however if we were a normal club and just scored this deal on a yearly basis it will not equate to a big deal..in my opinion I think Spuds get about 9Million per year from Puma...

what do you think, not against the deal just opening it up for more discussion and fellow bluemooners point of view.

I think alot of the reasoning behind this deal is the fact that umbro is a manchester based brand, rather than purely monetary reasons.

johnmc said:
cunnyfunt said:
A guy at work knows someone who went to the launch or pre-launch whichever,he said they we`re the shirts.

Can`t see why he would bullshit me.
well thats bollocks coz it hasn't been announced or launched officially. My source has been right a few times, and he said Puma and Etihad 100%

Are you seriously saying that a deal with Umbro hasnt been announced ? Obviously the club is wrong and your source is right.....

I'm happy with the Umbro deal, although i do believe they had some making up to do after they shafted us in the early/mid 90's, after they got the Utd contract. They did give us some truly awful kits in that time.

However, given the historic links between City and Umbro, i am pleased to see that they're treating us as a marquee signing with the 'Tailored' branding, and not just giving us one of their template kits.

From what I've seen of it, (thanks to various dudes on here), the new kit oozes class, which is one word i am always pleased to see associated with our club!

montonblue said:
I'm happy with the Umbro deal, although i do believe they had some making up to do after they shafted us in the early/mid 90's, after they got the Utd contract. They did give us some truly awful kits in that time.

However, given the historic links between City and Umbro, i am pleased to see that they're treating us as a marquee signing with the 'Tailored' branding, and not just giving us one of their template kits.

From what I've seen of it, (thanks to various dudes on here), the new kit oozes class, which is one word i am always pleased to see associated with our club!
I think it was not only the design of the kits, as Umbro had some shockers at Stretford as well. But weren't our kits always late?

NZBlumer said:

i'm sure i read somewhere that that was the basic deal, but that it went up year on year depending on future successes. (ie. European football, winning trophies etc)

can't remember where i read it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.