Unai Núñez

220px-The_Clash_-_Give_%27Em_Enough_Rope.jpg

https://footballbh.net/2019/06/29/tactical-analysis-unai-nunez-athletic-bilbao-analysis-statistics/

Very interesting reading about Nunez. He used to form a partnership with Laporte in Bilbao’s defense. I really hope we get this guy asap as he would be perfect for our style.
I’m just concerned Arteta and Arsenal will try and lure him over to London, as they are in pressing need of a quality CB.

Honestly, I think we’re looking at our new CB reinforcement in January. 27m release clause is a steal for this guy.

Last edited:
https://footballbh.net/2019/06/29/tactical-analysis-unai-nunez-athletic-bilbao-analysis-statistics/

Very interesting reading about Nunez. He used to form a partnership with Laporte in Bilbao’s defense. I really hope we get this guy asap as he would be perfect for our style.
I’m just concerned Arteta and Arsenal will try and lure him over to London, as they are in pressing need of a quality CB.

Honestly, I think we’re looking at our new CB reinforcement in January. 27m release clause is a steal for this guy.
Sounds good sign him up

Good fourth choice. But worried about the need for another if we bring him in, could possibly hamper Garcia and THB’s progress
We were always going to buy another CB with Kompany leaving.

He probably wouldn't be 4th choice, but Laportes partner as our starting 2 CBs.

The kids have lots of time on there side, remember that Dinho and Otamendi probably wont be here for much longer (although I rate otamendi) and Stones hasn't done enough.

Let’s just poach Athletic from now on. The last signing turned out alright.

Good thing , is relatively straightforward translation. Pay the release clause, thats it.

Saying that , we woukd need to get rid of someone to accommodate him

Looks a good player, has plenty of ability on the ball and looks strong in the tackle also. For 25m it’s a good price, it’s likely Otamendi is off next summer, I’d bring him in January to help get him settled early like we did with Laporte.

Good fourth choice. But worried about the need for another if we bring him in, could possibly hamper Garcia and THB’s progress

Haha, fourth choice? So an inconsistent and passive Stones, an error-prone and slow Otamendi and a 35-year old CDM would start for you ahead of this guy? If this story has legs, it is to find a partner to Laporte and nothing else. While everyone hoped it would be John Stones, clearly it isn’t anymore.

If they aim to bring him in this January, Otamendi would need to leave. But I could see it happening. With no defensive reinforcements we will once again bow out of the UCL, either against Real or the next round.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.