Understudy Right Back - Could we really rely on Maicon!

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Bluearmy said:
BlueAnorak said:

Milner.... But for me, we'd be silly to sell Micah...

If we were offered 15mil for Micah, I would sell. I think you could get a new CB and an understudy RB with that and some top up money. Micah collects injury spells like a geek collects pokemon cards; better to get the money and reinvest it in players who will be available more than there not.

If we got that much, then maybe worth considering.... For me, we need 2 players for each position and at right back we have that, so need to focus elsewhere.. Micah can cover at Centre Half too.. Lets hope he's over the worst of his injuries tho!!

Corky said:
Bluearmy said:
Milner.... But for me, we'd be silly to sell Micah...

If we were offered 15mil for Micah, I would sell. I think you could get a new CB and an understudy RB with that and some top up money. Micah collects injury spells like a geek collects pokemon cards; better to get the money and reinvest it in players who will be available more than there not.

Oldham would be delighted but as we still only get 80% of any fee it makes a sale less likely.

Forgot about that. However, if say we got the 15 mil that would be 12 mil after giving the owls their share. Chelsea bought Azpilcueta for £7mil if we could get somebody in a similar sort of a deal I would be pleased, or £5mil tops might be enough for leeds' Byram.

Corky said:

Oldham would be delighted but as we still only get 80% of any fee it makes a sale less likely.

Forgot about that. However, if say we got the 15 mil that would be 12 mil after giving the owls their share. Chelsea bought Azpilcueta for £7mil if we could get somebody in a similar sort of a deal I would be pleased, or £5mil tops might be enough for leeds' Byram.

Zabba and Vinnie came for just over £15m combined. Even giving Oldham their share, we wouldn't necessarily have to break the bank in finding two stand-ins of similar quality if our spies did their work properly.

To be honest the OP is in-correct when they say Micah is "strongly linked" with a move away.
He isn't strongly linked at all, he has been mentioned in a couple of trashy articles about moving, with no quotes or sources atributed to anyone of any relevance.

if you believe the papers then Micah has been sold every summer for the last 3-4 years! hope he stays, great player to have at the club.

Corky said:

that chelsea right back is crap so I don't know why you are using him as the benchmark.

Tbh I'm sick of all these fantasy football threads of 'sell for 12m and get 2 players just as good 6m each' and the like. Micah came through the academy, loves the club, is a great character to have and was one of the reasons why we won the league last year.

Micah stays

mansour's tow ropes said:
Corky said:

that chelsea right back is crap so I don't know why you are using him as the benchmark.

Tbh I'm sick of all these fantasy football threads of 'sell for 12m and get 2 players just as good 6m each' and the like. Micah came through the academy, loves the club, is a great character to have and was one of the reasons why we won the league last year.

Micah stays

Absolutely,you only have to look at how he dived to get in the way of that shot late on at Geordies away last season to see that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.