Ungrateful sods!

C_T_I_D

5th in the league and semi-finals of the Carling Cup and moaning because we missed out on the Champions League due to the last two games of a thirty eight game season which included ten or eleven draws under Mark Hughes?

"Devestated" is a very bold word to use at this moment in time. Yes it hurt because it was Tottenham who beat us to fourth place, but it is not the be all and end all of our season and we'll come back stronger next season. Believe in the owners, believe in the manager and believe in whatever 11 players pull on the shirt.

We've had a fantastic season where we've hardly lost, 2nd only to Chelsea in that respect. That says to me we've become a more resiliant force and that we've made a huge amount of progress within the last 12 months.

Do not be disheartened. This is just the start of things to come. Believe in the project and believe that we'll be successful. It hurts now, but we'll be right up there challenging for the title next season. Time to dust ourselves off again, pick ourselves up and get behind the team. Don't lose faith or heart, be dissapointed but don't give up on them.

I love this club and I'm proud of the way they have performed this season and what we have achieved. There is a huge amount of potential and there are key areas where we can improve. Next season we'll be the team to beat and you can quote me on that. I believe in Mancini and that we'd be right up there if he had a full season. He failed to get fourth with Mark Hughes team with the exception of Johnson (£7,000,000) and a stop-gap signing of Patrick Vieira.

We have been stupidly unlucky with injuries to key players, no more so than in defence and benefiting from the stability of a "normal" back four. We'll get new players in who will improve the team and be first team regulars. There's nothing to be despondant about, move onwards and upwards and get excited about the future of the club again.

Come on ladies and gents, it's not all bad is it? The future's still bright and when we get there it will remain blue and white for a long time to come!

Hear hear,well said that man I agree with everything you said.
I am still proud of my club and always will be.
Glad my dad brought me and my brothers and sister and our families into the Blue faith.CTID.

I've always been grateful for just another match, win, lose or get smacked five or six nowt. And when I've gone home and reflected, I'm grateful for the next one, regardless of how many galacticos we have in the team. I'm grateful for being born in Manchester and not Grimsby!

We fucked it ......again.....

There is no reason on this gods earth why this year we couldnt have won something

Yet when asked a big wuestion, again we failed to deliver

Call me ungrateful but we fucked it....no excuses

Spurs are not a better team...they just wanted it more

CTID -well said. That is the logic that we need to reflect on. It has by City standards been a great season. Nay, it has been an outstanding one.

I read a thread on here earlier by Paul Calf's tash and he was saying how gutted he was. I know how he feels. the two low points this season were losing the Carling Cup semi and last night. I think that shows the depth of feeling City fans have and how desperate we are for success.

Lets hope the lads can show their frustration on sunday by tonking wet sham.

C_T_I_D said:
5th in the league and semi-finals of the Carling Cup and moaning because we missed out on the Champions League due to the last two games of a thirty eight game season which included ten or eleven draws under Mark Hughes?
!

Could not off put it better myself. At 38 it is the best league position (I can remember) having. Qualified for Europe via our league position for the first time in 32 years. There is some great teams in the Europa league to be played. And yes a competion I beleave we will do well in. No one complained at the trips away last time in that comp. OK yes I am gutted about last nights result. The Champions League and all its pickings will come. It was just not meant to be yet. If there is one thing that puts a smile on my face is I beleave Spuds will not get into the group staging thus meaning it will not give them a place in the Europa League

well said and i fully agree!

mancini, with a pre season and more time will get it right!

looking forward to some good europa away trips!

always have and always will look on the positive side of things regarding city

we have seen so much worse over the years. some of these fans who expect us to win every game and just sit there not supporting the team are very ungrateful indeed.

my feelings are frustrated yet excited. i think we could have done much better this season if things had gone our way and improvements incertain areas are needed. but we have many exciting times ahead of us and it wont be long until we start winning things. some people still wont be happy though.

PaulPowerShower said:

There is no reason on this gods earth why this year we couldnt have won something

I think there are a few reasons why we've not won anything. Too many new faces taking time to gel, and a change in manager who then had to get to know the squad, to name two big reasons.

Despite these challenges we've secured Europe and should finish 5th. We've been very unlucky in the cup games with utd but I think everyone in the League is aware that MCFC are gonna be challenging for the title in what, 3 years?

I agree that Spurs are not a better team than us, but to say they wanted it more is bollocks.

Mancini is staying (great news) and will strengthen the squad.

I am extremely confident we will finish in the top 4 next season, certainly above Spurs, and without a shadow of doubt above the dippers of both varieties.

PaulPowerShower said:

Don't necessarily agree, mate. Spurs were the better team in both our encounters this season, IMO. Can't really comment on their other 35 games as I don't follow them. But the few times I have seen their 'live' matches on TV, they've always looked a decent outfit.

Our time will come soon. Real soon. When we are ready. That time is not quite yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.