Ungratefull Bas***ds

Lordeffingham

Well am certain I'll get loads of flack, but sod it.
We as a club were only 18 months ago looking like we may have been on the brink of a post Thaksin Shinawatra meltdown, possibly soon to be the next Leeds etc etc.
Our current owners came in and salvaged us with lots of promises, all of which have been fulfilled and have led to players of the callibre not seen in our colours since the 70's, gracing our pitch.
The new owners are undoubtedly ruthless people, however they are proud and honest with fairness and I believe integrity, unlike the untrustworthy transatlantic breed.
We have seen several of their employees act rather stupidly in the time since, and in these cases, I understand the amount of flack that they have recieved and generally feel this was quite correct under the circumstances.
Hughes however, was handed a role that I'm sure almost every other manager in football was envious of, and to his credit, gave it his very best shot.
He has a good eye for tallent and bought, generally very wisely, assembling a squad he believed was good enough to gain what had clearly been outlined to him, more than once by the owners. He did make any changes he felt were needed within the club and was generally given a free reign. The fact our results as agreed between Hughes and the ownership, fell below what was felt to be acceptable, was the only factor which directly influenced the owners dealing their fatefull blow to his ambitions.
Now though I have had my doubts as to Hughes real qualification to manage at the elite level our owners fully put their trust in him and backed him to the hilt, feeling he deserved the chance to take us to where their ambitions were and felt was the only place they wanted to be.
I have, as have they, stood by and kept faith in him, but we should not confuse our rights as supporters with those of the people who have brought us SWP, Tevez, DeJong, Kompany, Robhino, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Kolo, Bridge, Lescott etc etc, paid off all our fine Clubs debt, and surely we must show these guys the same incredible trust that have invested in us as a club.
None of us can say whether or not Hughes ultimately would have made the grade in the long run, but they as our biggest ever backers, must be afforded our support in what they obviously see, as the right move.
A dog should never bite the hand that feeds it and though many of us may feel the time was not right, or that Hughes should have been given longer, the decision has been made and the Club and supporters need to accept it and move on.
Lets wait a month or two and see what occurs before starting any silly talk about our club selling it's soul and our owners being disrespectful, to our last manager, they I'm sure have done everything they can to maintain the dignity and integrity this Club is renowned for, and this I do not believe should be questioned.
The form we have shown over the past 8 weeks is nearer to relegation form than that of a team expecting a shot at the top four and after £200m and 18 months they had every right, I feel, to expect a better run of results.
Hughes was gifted an opportunity he will never again be given, but has been hansomly rewarded as a result and will not be in the dole queue any time soon, so get that into perspective.
Keep the faith and I'm sure we will get the real sucess we crave sooner rather than later, but this will occurr whether or not in the longer term in any event.
Cut these guys some slack and show respect where it is clearly due!
CTID

I fail to see why another new thread was created on top of the other countless ones

Do you think your opinion is better than everyone else's? Or did you just want more people to listen, rather than skip over your message, 6th post down on page 9

Lordeffingham said:
Well am certain I'll get loads of flack, but sod it.
We as a club were only 18 months ago looking like we may have been on the brink of a post Thaksin Shinawatra meltdown, possibly soon to be the next Leeds etc etc.
Our current owners came in and salvaged us with lots of promises, all of which have been fulfilled and have led to players of the callibre not seen in our colours since the 70's, gracing our pitch.
The new owners are undoubtedly ruthless people, however they are proud and honest with fairness and I believe integrity, unlike the untrustworthy transatlantic breed.
We have seen several of their employees act rather stupidly in the time since, and in these cases, I understand the amount of flack that they have recieved and generally feel this was quite correct under the circumstances.
Hughes however, was handed a role that I'm sure almost every other manager in football was envious of, and to his credit, gave it his very best shot.
He has a good eye for tallent and bought, generally very wisely, assembling a squad he believed was good enough to gain what had clearly been outlined to him, more than once by the owners. He did make any changes he felt were needed within the club and was generally given a free reign. The fact our results as agreed between Hughes and the ownership, fell below what was felt to be acceptable, was the only factor which directly influenced the owners dealing their fatefull blow to his ambitions.
Now though I have had my doubts as to Hughes real qualification to manage at the elite level our owners fully put their trust in him and backed him to the hilt, feeling he deserved the chance to take us to where their ambitions were and felt was the only place they wanted to be.
I have, as have they, stood by and kept faith in him, but we should not confuse our rights as supporters with those of the people who have brought us SWP, Tevez, DeJong, Kompany, Robhino, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Kolo, Bridge, Lescott etc etc, paid off all our fine Clubs debt, and surely we must show these guys the same incredible trust that have invested in us as a club.
None of us can say whether or not Hughes ultimately would have made the grade in the long run, but they as our biggest ever backers, must be afforded our support in what they obviously see, as the right move.
A dog should never bite the hand that feeds it and though many of us may feel the time was not right, or that Hughes should have been given longer, the decision has been made and the Club and supporters need to accept it and move on.
Lets wait a month or two and see what occurs before starting any silly talk about our club selling it's soul and our owners being disrespectful, to our last manager, they I'm sure have done everything they can to maintain the dignity and integrity this Club is renowned for, and this I do not believe should be questioned.
The form we have shown over the past 8 weeks is nearer to relegation form than that of a team expecting a shot at the top four and after £200m and 18 months they had every right, I feel, to expect a better run of results.
Hughes was gifted an opportunity he will never again be given, but has been hansomly rewarded as a result and will not be in the dole queue any time soon, so get that into perspective.
Keep the faith and I'm sure we will get the real sucess we crave sooner rather than later, but this will occurr whether or not in the longer term in any event.
Cut these guys some slack and show respect where it is clearly due!
CTID
Sorry-but thats nothing like the Tarantino film I saw.

Well said Lord effingham ...... even if you did swear!

I agree completely. Hughes received unbelievable backing and generosity for our owners. He will never be given an opportunity like that again. His players, his staff his setup. It didnt work he tired his best so did the owners. Unfortunately the plaers he signed let him down in a few key games its sad but we have to move on.

Sorry to sound ungrateful but just because our owners have put alot of money in to our club
yes our club not there's cause i was here before they were born ! doesn't mean i have to agree
or doff my cap to them when they make a decision. So call me what you like except a sheep
or arse licker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.