United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice of him to give us the edge in attack.

I must admit I was worried when I first saw it. I thought their world class midfield would simply pass it around us and make us chase shadows. I'm so worried I still haven't watched the derby or looked at any of the threads. I'm terrified their superiority will make us look silly.

Prob already been posted on this thread but I've only just seen this in ragcafe. Made me laugh. He's comparing the city and utd squads.

Goalkeeper
The easiest verdict to reach, De Gea is simply the best in the world for me therefore even if Bravo does settle in immediately it still wouldn't swing it City's way.
Verdict: UNITED

Defence
I've split it into full backs and centre backs in my mind. For full backs it's clear we have the best one of either squad in Shaw and what with Valencia's resurgence (hopefully continuing) I'd call it a draw because despite City's wealth of experience across Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy and Kolarov, simply put I think all 4 are past their best. It's just our backups in Darmian and Rojo leave a lot to be decided. As for centre backs I think we quite comfortably lead the way, Smalling, Bailly, Blind surpasses Stones, Otamendi, Kompany. Done us both a favour by excluding Jones and Mangala.

Midfield
After keepers this was the next simplest decision. Again we have the best midfielder of either squad in Pogba and our remaining options of Herrera, Fellaini, Schneiderlin and Carrick make for a pretty well balanced selection. City will be relying on Gundogan to return well from injury but even given that happening they still only have Fernandinho, Fernando and Delph. Schweinsteiger and Yaya cancel each other out as neither look like featuring or playing any sort of substantial role this season.

Attack
This was extremely tight, largely due to the similarities in our arsenals e.g. Ibra and Aguero star men, Rashford and Iheanacho up and coming. De Bruyne is simply league's ahead of Rooney as the main playmaker but similar could be said for Martial and Sterling. Silva perhaps takes the edge over Mkhi at this time purely based on his experience in the league whilst the impact of our squad players (Lingard, Memphis, Sane, Navas) is yet to be seen whilst Nolito looks like a steady addition. I confess I do see City scoring more than us this season so I'll give them the edge.
Verdict: CITY

What does everyone think? It's quite clear to me now I've laid out my thoughts which is why I'm surprised so many pundits keep saying City's squad on paper is the best. I think they have an abundance of riches in attack but it's a very top heavy squad, there's question marks over their defence and midfield for me.

I have read that thread on there and all I can say is that the reds on there are utterly deluded. Just take the idiot who posted the crap posted above. Take the bit I have put in bold above. Silva takes the edge over every single attacking player they have in their entire squad because he is a far more gifted footballer than anything they have. Have they forgot the amount of times Silva has torn them to pieces over the last 5 years?

As for the defence and midfield comments, where do you start? Uniteds midfield is that good, it could not get the ball off us and had to resort to booting it long as they had no way of playing it through us. That was even without Gundagon playing. Pogba has shown nothing to suggest he is the best midfielder from either team and has shown nothing historically to suggest he is better than Gundagon. Their criminal under rating of Fernandinho is absolutely laughable.

In regards to defence, Kolarov has looked better this season at CB than any player they have. What kind of idiot would really suggest Bailly, Smalling and Blind are better than Kompany? Now I appreciate Vincent has suffered with Injuries, but all these rags are putting Shaw in teams, yet he was injured more last year than Vincent. Shaw has come back and been awful, hes been so bad his manager has hung him out to dry. He's not been a patch on Kolarov so far this season.

In short it is not even close. United have the most over hyped and over priced pile of shit that has ever been evident in Premier League history. The lack of quality for what is the most expensive squad in football history is absolutely laughable. I like Rashford and Martial (although he has looked poor so far this season). With Pogba the jury is out and he has a lot to prove. He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is one of the worlds best midfielders though. The goal keeper is top class, Zlatan was top class and will bully the she shit teams. The rest is just crap though.

Also can I just mention to any lurking rags. You did not make a fight of it in the 2nd half against us, you were awful. You did not once look like scoring and hardly put our goal under any pressure. All you did was boot it long and chase after it like headless chickens. We still played the better football, we still had more of the balls and we still made chances to score. To put it bluntly you were utter shite.

I have read that thread on there and all I can say is that the reds on there are utterly deluded. Just take the idiot who posted the crap posted above. Take the bit I have put in bold above. Silva takes the edge over every single attacking player they have in their entire squad because he is a far more gifted footballer than anything they have. Have they forgot the amount of times Silva has torn them to pieces over the last 5 years?

As for the defence and midfield comments, where do you start? Uniteds midfield is that good, it could not get the ball off us and had to resort to booting it long as they had no way of playing it through us. That was even without Gundagon playing. Pogba has shown nothing to suggest he is the best midfielder from either team and has shown nothing historically to suggest he is better than Gundagon. Their criminal under rating of Fernandinho is absolutely laughable.

In regards to defence, Kolarov has looked better this season at CB than any player they have. What kind of idiot would really suggest Bailly, Smalling and Blind are better than Kompany? Now I appreciate Vincent has suffered with Injuries, but all these rags are putting Shaw in teams, yet he was injured more last year than Vincent. Shaw has come back and been awful, hes been so bad his manager has hung him out to dry. He's not been a patch on Kolarov so far this season.

In short it is not even close. United have the most over hyped and over priced pile of shit that has ever been evident in Premier League history. The lack of quality for what is the most expensive squad in football history is absolutely laughable. I like Rashford and Martial (although he has looked poor so far this season). With Pogba the jury is out and he has a lot to prove. He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is one of the worlds best midfielders though. The goal keeper is top class, Zlatan was top class and will bully the she shit teams. The rest is just crap though.

Also can I just mention to any lurking rags. You did not make a fight of it in the 2nd half against us, you were awful. You did not once look like scoring and hardly put our goal under any pressure. All you did was boot it long and chase after it like headless chickens. We still played the better football, we still had more of the balls and we still made chances to score. To put it bluntly you were utter shite.
I like you

I must admit I was worried when I first saw it. I thought their world class midfield would simply pass it around us and make us chase shadows. I'm so worried I still haven't watched the derby or looked at any of the threads. I'm terrified their superiority will make us look silly.
I used to like angry united fans, but now I prefer the deluded ones.

Rag shots on target in that 2nd half - 0

Caption Comp:
Download-File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.