United 6 City 1

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And again, a comma in the correct function.

If the football goes tits-up, you will have intelligence to fall back on.

Or, a really good spell checker :-)

Ha Ha!

Not with a punctuation facility, though?

Most under-13s can't even speak English correctly, never mind, write it!

I am calling him out, anyway.

I believe he to be the secret love child of Guardian reader, Greame Le Saux, and the monosyllabic, Paul Elliott.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:

Ha Ha!

I believe he to be the secret love child of Guardian reader, Greame Le Saux, and the monosyllabic, Paul Elliott.

Not heard of him mate, any relation to the footballer? ;)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:

Ha Ha!

have you been infected by Sweyn?

Not sure if I stated the age group my son was in but he left City when he was 10 so LCBlue may be right and as he plays an age group below yours you are entitled to state what you have experienced. But I know for a fact that that my sons age group still has lads coming in with that 'Physical' presence (which I might add my son now has himself). We still know a couple of the lads that were there when my son was so speak to them every now & then & as you do he plays them twice a year, sometimes more depending on which tournaments they enter so we too have first hand experience. Not much has changed.

And another poster asked why I won't mention any names as my lad is no longer there. Well it's not the done thing really, especially in the academy circuit. I've known a few lads blow any opportunity they may have had by them or their parents bad mouthing individuals at various clubs. It's a very tight knit community & scouts or coaches change clubs like the weather so I would never put my lads chances of becoming a Pro in jeopardy. Plus deep down, when all said and done, we're blues & despite the fact that his current club are fantastic with him if City ever came back in for him it'd be hard for either of us to turn them down. The day he got released from City is his (and probably mine too) worse day ever, it took months for him to get over it but eventually he did and to be fair hasn't looked back much since, apart from when he plays them of course.

Manc said:
Not sure if I stated the age group my son was in but he left City when he was 10 so LCBlue may be right and as he plays an age group below yours you are entitled to state what you have experienced. But I know for a fact that that my sons age group still has lads coming in with that 'Physical' presence (which I might add my son now has himself). We still know a couple of the lads that were there when my son was so speak to them every now & then & as you do he plays them twice a year, sometimes more depending on which tournaments they enter so we too have first hand experience. Not much has changed.

And another poster asked why I won't mention any names as my lad is no longer there. Well it's not the done thing really, especially in the academy circuit. I've known a few lads blow any opportunity they may have had by them or their parents bad mouthing individuals at various clubs. It's a very tight knit community & scouts or coaches change clubs like the weather so I would never put my lads chances of becoming a Pro in jeopardy. Plus deep down, when all said and done, we're blues & despite the fact that his current club are fantastic with him if City ever came back in for him it'd be hard for either of us to turn them down. The day he got released from City is his (and probably mine too) worse day ever, it took months for him to get over it but eventually he did and to be fair hasn't looked back much since, apart from when he plays them of course.

Aye and you're entitled to that. We're both sharing stories through our experience. Best of luck to your boy for the future.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ha Ha!

Not heard of him mate, any relation to the footballer? ;)

No, a bit like the film, Man In The Iron Mask...

Graeme Le Saux, articulate and all-round good egg, had his twin brother, Greame, imprisoned in the Channel Islands.

One went on to stardom and a guest appearance on Gary Rhodes.

Sadly, Greame, was forced to endure regular helpings of Graeme's Chelsea rent-boy, Paul Elliot, when he discovered this sordid family secret.

This is where Paul was first introduced to the true meaning of Catenaccio!

Did I get away with it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.