United (A) - League Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

The good part of the display was the shots on target, no longer do we need 5 chances to put 1 in. Even the offside chances were buried.

Didn’t reward either with the booking they deserved either
Until bookings are reintroduced for diving it will continue. What happened to the 2 game bans for successful deception of officials, hand a few of these out and players may think twice, or players of some teams will be punished whilst others get the benefit of the doubt as the "game is so fast", " not clear and obvious", "felt contact and is entitled to go down".

It is simple, we were better than them, we kept the ball better, we defended better, in every department we were better and we had players missing. Its a wake up call to the the rag cunts that whatever they have done of late, they are not on our level.

This time last year defensively we looked shot, now we don't look like we will ever concede. The Stones and Dias partnership has an astonishing record, I think its 1 goal conceded in 9 games they have played together. I think we all thought Stones was finished at City, for him to turn it round speaks volumes about his character. Dias looks an amazing signing. To come from the Portuguese league to England and play with so much authority , calmness, commitment and skill makes him look an absolute bargain buy. To think we have Laporte and Ake as well and we now have superb defensive cover.

Shout out to Cancelo and Zincho as well, i thought both were superb last night, they defended well and used the ball well, always offering us an option.

In the midfield, we dominated them, that carthorse Mctominay was made to look like a carthorse who needs putting out to grass, he never got near Gundo or Ferna, how i wish we had a 23 year old Ferna, what a player that lad is.

Sterling and Mahrez worked there socks off, not the most productive night for them, but they never let the rag fuckers settle and both worked back which is something I don't really expect from Mahrez, but he put in a shift and if it wasn't for that amazing save he would have scored one of the great derby goals.

Phil and Kev scared them to death, they were so much better than there supposed rivals, Fernandes and the rag younger ones. Fernandes was anonymous, Pogba was shite, Rashford was never in it, their MOM was their keeper.

Young Zack looks a good un too, i was nervous about him playing, but had no need to be, he is quality and will be pushing Ederson big time.

The biggest difference of all though was we wanted it more, the togetherness of our players on a very emotional night for our club was a joy to behold. They loved it and did the King proud.

Capture.JPG

Whatsapp conversation with a United ST holder last night, we've had a number of discussions about diving this season, however the last line sums it up for me

martial dive was shocking and dias let him know about it to with a strong tackle on the touch line about a couple minutes later ? take that you cheat ? clean strong tackle that martial struggled to get up from

cheating like that does not help them. but if they have been getting away with for years then they will never change
and for once the officials and the ref did not fall for it but should have booked the cheat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.