United (a) post-match thread

Without KDB we often play a load of tippy tappy bollocks with no end result, we've turned into a one man team and that's worrying

I think what frustrates me the most is us not being able to match their intensity.

Even when they became entrenched in their own half they were quite happy to watch us pass from one side to the other like a dull metronome.

Pep should be playing his best team and Zinchenko over Mendy isn’t it. At least Mendy offers you an overlap that draws a defender.

I semi agree with you but unfortunately Mendy's crosses don't

The way the Rags set up today is basically the same way we'll see Newcastle set up. Back 5 with 3/4 holding mids with Saint Maximin and Almiron looking to counter attack. And thats our downfall this season playing against teams set up this way we struggle to break them down then get beaten by teams that have 1 or 2 shots on target.

You're spot on mate, two slow midfield players in Rodri and Gundogan don't offer the protection we need. Fern is almost 35 now and trying to bail out which of the two clowns, Stones or Otamendi play beside him. The full backs are hit and miss, decent on their day but capable of total brain farts. We'll see what happens on the day.

Right, team selection wrong.
Foden should have started in the middle and Sterling on the right.
Mendy should have started too.
The rags seem to have struck lucky on the times in the season when they play us.
If it were absolutely necessary for us to beat their raggy backsides today then I believe that we would have done.
All that considered, being beaten by THEM is still hard to take.

Every Rag knows if we lined up with Laporte, Sane, Walker, David and KDB etc they aren’t in the same stratosphere as us.

We had the heart of our team ripped out with the loss of Kev and we just lacked that bit of quality to unlock a team that sat deep all game deploying Sheff Wed like tactics.

What’s is concerning though is Pep let the same game-plan beat him 3 times.

You're spot on mate, two slow midfield players in Rodri and Gundogan don't offer the protection we need. Fern is almost 35 now and trying to bail out which of the two clowns, Stones or Otamendi play beside him. The full backs are hit and miss, decent on their day but capable of total brain farts. We'll see what happens on the day.
Agree. It's a hard watch looking at Rodders and Gundogan trying to play that role when you've been looking at the best in the business for years in Fernandinho! Yet he's still head and shoulders above them both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.