United (a) post-match thread

are there any pics of their goal? that looked awfully close to offside for me and it was shown only once and for 2 seconds. Var never came to look.

Sterling on the left rarely takes anyone on, because he can't cross with his left foot, this is nothing new, not once today did he try the other side where he can cross.
Wan Bissaka is a decent full back, but he didn't get the better of Raheem. Strange how the final score can influence an assessment of performance. One or two of our chances go in and our dominance is recognised.

are there any pics of their goal? that looked awfully close to offside for me and it was shown only once and for 2 seconds. Var never came to look.
Onside no issue there
However the ass ref McCann don’t follow instructions and flagged for a close one we have negative experienced of him before VAR had to cover his arse

I realise after a derby defeat it may be difficult to stay rational, but even still you’ve done a decent job there of talking them up and talking us down.

When you look at the facts, it’s easier to flip it around.

We have had a poor league season but are otherwise in decent shape. I think today Pep half dropped that game.

Do I think we can win the champions league in context of just the football? I do. Yes. And I say that because on our day we can and have risen above pretty much everything.

Yes I'm hurting, Pep might not care and some of the players think it's just another game but for most of us it isn't. He could have gone all out here and took it easy against Arsenal.

They aren't as bad as many make out and are slowly improving. Yes it might sound harsh on us after the two season's we have had, but rest on your laurels and you get overtaken. We aren't little City struggling in a play off final against Gillingham anymore, we are aiming to be the best club in the world. If certain players want to rest on their laurels, stop concentrating and improving they can fuck off, no matter who they are. A couple of those performances today looked like the individuals were on drugs they were so bad.

We are not, I repeat not, winning the champions league with that defence. Of course we COULD but it would take a huge improvement and a big slice of luck.

Our style of play is shot to bits. It's not working anymore. Our attacking play breaks down far too much too often and too easily. Our passing is laboured from front to back. Our wide payers have stopped making runs/movement off the ball. Our 2 CM's are happy playing sideways and backward passes. It's just not gelling together. Until we can re discover that razor sharp, Precise, crisp, passing and movement then this season has the potential to fizzle out.

Our style of play is shot to bits. It's not working anymore. Our attacking play breaks down far too much too often and too easily. Our passing is laboured from front to back. Our wide payers have stopped making runs/movement off the ball. Our 2 CM's are happy playing sideways and backward passes. It's just not gelling together. Until we can re discover that razor sharp, Precise, crisp, passing and movement then this season has the potential to fizzle out.

God knows how we've already bagged 2 trophies; are still second in the league, in the FA cup and CL.

Agree on KDB and Laporte. Madrid game aside, we are not playing anywhere near well enough to beat Bayern or Atletico currently (I'm not going to comment on the possibility of another Liverpool CL tie as we could play them in the CL for another decade and not be allowed to come through it victorious).

Is it crazy to wish for a back 5 in the CL with Fern the 5th just in front, with Sane, KDB and Mahrez supplying Aguero and Jesus. I'd leave Bernie, Rodri, Sterling, Gun on the bench current form.

KDB and Laporte are key this chance though. Anything is possible with those two. Without them we have no chance.

I’ve watched sterling against wan Bissaka (or whatever the rag ****s name is) several times ... and Sterling is scared of taking him on. The rag has got his number and knows Sterling will hide against him

He hadn’t trained all week and my heart sunk
When I saw him and Maguire had been passed fit whilst our main man hadn’t. I feared the worst straight away

very good defender van bissaka. his tackling is great, so even when sterling does him with his pace, he recovers with great tackle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.