United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

They keep going on about the big six so they presume we are one of them! We were not the “Big Six” are those six teams who have been in the premier league and never been relegated from it!

It says in the article who the 6 were:-

The meeting – held by the chairman, Gary Hoffman, and the chief executive, Richard Masters, with senior representatives of

Liverpool,
Manchester United,
Manchester City,
Arsenal,
Chelsea and
Tottenham

was held on Tuesday 13 October, two days after the plans were published in the Telegraph, and a day before a scheduled meeting of all Premier League clubs.

What this article says is that the meeting was to discuss the 'fallout'. I take from that that not all parties were happy with how things were going. There was then further fallout when the other 14 found out they had not been invited to the 1st fall out meeting.

Conn in the Guardian has written a piece about the Big6 having a meeting with CEO and chairman of the PL, without the other 14 being told.

That was known at the time and isn't exactly new news. In fact the only new news in there (that I'm aware of) is that Hoffman & Masters were included in the meeting on the 13th although perhaps not surprising.

That was known at the time and isn't exactly new news. In fact the only new news in there (that I'm aware of) is that Hoffman & Masters were included in the meeting on the 13th although perhaps not surprising.

I think those two being there is news, as you say.

I also think the timing is different - this is after the Telegraph broke the story, not the earlier briefing the clubs received. That means that the PL heads and 6 clubs had a conversation between it becoming public and when the PL met as a whole.

I also think the timing is different - this is after the Telegraph broke the story, not the earlier briefing the clubs received. That means that the PL heads and 6 clubs had a conversation between it becoming public and when the PL met as a whole.
Yes, I was thinking it was just the 1 meeting between the 'big 6' but that seems to indicate there was at least 2. Again, that shouldn't be surprising I suppose and I dare say there were a lot of meetings between various clubs where not everyone was invited. It's a bit of a non-story TBH.

What pisses me of Master,s,who is the chairman off the PL,(who should represent all team's & not the few)
Even tho 2 scum clubs selected his appointment,
He should off turned down the invite, and notified the other club's seeing he should be impartial,
Which we no he isn't,just like scudamore comment wasn't appropriate to single out one scum team.

This European super league, if and when it happens will all depend on what UEFA will do to the players, from these clubs. UEFA could also issue say a 5yr ban from to those clubs should the league fail from they moment they qualify for European comps again.

IMHO they will ban all the players from those clubs that join this new league from ever playing for their countries again. If or when this should happen, will now be left to those clubs.

If UEFA come out and say this is what will happen, then this European super league will not take off . There is no way that players will want to risk their International futures on this new super league. That is of course unless the clubs make it worth the while of those players

Players who join clubs will be asking for much bigger wages then what they are on at the present moment. IMHO may be up to double what they are on now. There is no way clubs will be able to sustain that level of wages for a long time.

How long do the clubs think that they will be able to sustain the fans interest before they become board. then the fans will walk away from watching these games.

Another problem is what will the FA do about these clubs, that walk away. One way is to issue a ban on their clubs from coming back straight into the top leagues in this country. Thus making them apply e.g. Man Utd and Livarpool having to apply to join the north west counties league. As has happened to Bury F.C.

This European super league, if and when it happens will all depend on what UEFA will do to the players, from these clubs. UEFA could also issue say a 5yr ban from to those clubs should the league fail from they moment they qualify for European comps again.

IMHO they will ban all the players from those clubs that join this new league from ever playing for their countries again. If or when this should happen, will now be left to those clubs.

If UEFA come out and say this is what will happen, then this European super league will not take off . There is no way that players will want to risk their International futures on this new super league. That is of course unless the clubs make it worth the while of those players

Players who join clubs will be asking for much bigger wages then what they are on at the present moment. IMHO may be up to double what they are on now. There is no way clubs will be able to sustain that level of wages for a long time.

How long do the clubs think that they will be able to sustain the fans interest before they become board. then the fans will walk away from watching these games.

Another problem is what will the FA do about these clubs, that walk away. One way is to issue a ban on their clubs from coming back straight into the top leagues in this country. Thus making them apply e.g. Man Utd and Livarpool having to apply to join the north west counties league. As has happened to Bury F.C.
That's pretty much the same as what many of us said when the G14 wanted a European League. However UEFA caved in when they realised how much they could skim from the broadcasters if they set up their own European League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.