United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot go 100% risk all the time. Pep's play is about calculated risk, too. Keep the ball away from the opposition, be patient and look for the chance - and when there is one take it.

Bayern had 21 - partly very good chances in this match and only converted 3 of them.

Another important thing - Bayern led early and was in the position that they did not have to take risks to go for another goal.

If Bayern played for 90 like they did in that clip, then Pep would not be happy, it was pretty but pretty ineffective.

They didn't beat City on the day by knocking around safe passes like in that clip. They slipped into that mode vs Arsenal & struggled to create anything.

They didn't play like that for most of it, so I can imagine they were.

They caught us out frequently by passing the ball in a group on one side then firing it over to a free man on the other.
Five people disagree with you, me included.

But we are all entitled to opinions.

dan who runs the mcfcjustsayin facebook page says he`s been told that bravo, gundogan and sane will all start! not sure of the formation as he reckons sane will play in front of nacho?!?

dan who runs the mcfcjustsayin facebook page says he`s been told that bravo, gundogan and sane will all start! not sure of the formation as he reckons sane will play in front of nacho?!?

Educated guess no more I think.

Five people disagree with you, me included.

But we are all entitled to opinions.

Actually none of you have actually disagreed with me so far, you have answered if I said Pep would be disappointed with the game, which I didn't say, as that isn't my opinion. I thought they were brilliant.

If you think that clip would be analysed by Pep as what he's trying to do, then I think you are completely wrong. There isn't enough commitment to actually scoring. Imo he would be pointing that out on video, where they could have hurt us but didn't.

If we fanny around like that v the rags, they'll sit in & beat us 3-0 on set pieces. We have to make holes in them, get in & create, which is exactly what Bayern did on that day, but not in that clip.

Actually none of you have actually disagreed with me so far, you have answered if I said Pep would be disappointed with the game, which I didn't say, as that isn't my opinion. I thought they were brilliant.

If you think that clip would be analysed by Pep as what he's trying to do, then I think you are completely wrong. There isn't enough commitment to actually scoring. Imo he would be pointing that out on video, where they could have hurt us but didn't.

If we fanny around like that v the rags, they'll sit in & beat us 3-0 on set pieces. We have to make holes in them, get in & create, which is exactly what Bayern did on that day, but not in that clip.
I disagree with you.

It wouldn't surprise me if all of them start, because it's Pep, but I may have to show my arse in Burton's window if Sane starts 'in front of' Nacho. Unless Pep has phoned Manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.