United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why they insist on having var assistants who have never reffed an actual game is beyond me. How long before trhey bring in the IT analysts to handle VAR decisions. For gods sake VAR has introduced some pap.

Why they insist on having var assistants who have never reffed an actual game is beyond me. How long before trhey bring in the IT analysts to handle VAR decisions. For gods sake VAR has introduced some pap.
They are proper referees…

VAR may improve if it was controlled by IT guys and adjudicated on by referees.

MUEN, backing rags to turn us over.

Ridiculous, it could happen obviously we’ve seen it before, but you’re saying I think the team who will dominate possession, create the most chances, have the best goal scorer and chance creater in the league will have a horrendous day in front of goal and terrible luck, also the opposition will be ruthlessly clinical with the little chances they manage to create

There is nothing to suggest based on football United win this game
You can say “ I’ve got a funny feeling it will be one of those days “ but for a sports journalist to write that is madness

This is a derby and form goes out of the window. United have beaten us many times at the Etihad in recent years even when they're not playing well.
It would be naive to think we'll just turn up and pick up the three points.
And I feel very uncomfortable every time i read some posters on here predicting 3-0, 4-0 or even 5-0. Seems like these people never learn their lesson.

It's cracking me up that United have spent all summer talking up ETH as a tactical genius in the tika-taka post-Cruyffian model, a genius to rival Pep Guardiola who has transformed Enlgish football down to grassroots, and their fans are talking up their Ole-ball and hoofing it Marcus fucking Rashford on the counter. And, even more hilarious, some City fans are bricking it because of it.

In what way proper? I am saying having reffed at least one top flight game.
Well, Adrian Holmes is the VAR assistant on Sunday. He’s been a linesman in 30+ premier league games.

To be a linesman, you need to be a qualified referee, therefore he understands the laws of the game.

He’s gaining experience all the time is highly unlikely to be involved on Sunday.

It's cracking me up that United have spent all summer talking up ETH as a tactical genius in the tika-taka post-Cruyffian model, a genius to rival Pep Guardiola who has transformed Enlgish football down to grassroots, and their fans are talking up their Ole-ball and hoofing it Marcus fucking Rashford on the counter. And, even more hilarious, some City fans are bricking it because of it.
yes, cos Ole had such a crap record against us, playing counter attack with fast forwards

Mahrez should be nowhere near the starting team at the minute!

As with all our players, notwithstanding fitness issues, Pep starts Mahrez whenever he’s the right player for the system to be deployed to deal with the strengths & weaknesses of the opposition.
If Pep wants to keep the field very wide to stretch their defence, to create space, then there’s a good chance that Mahrez starts because we don’t have another player who can play tight on the line, receive incredibly difficult long balls with panache and keep possession the way he can.

He gets a lot of unfair grief on here for constantly controlling, holding up and then recycling the ball sideways or back, but he does that because that’s exactly what Pep wants him to do.
It keeps the oppositions defensive lines stretched wide and controls the tempo of the game, it creates space for us and stops us from getting dragged into a helter skelter game that’d suit their counter attacking ambitions. And they can’t stand off him because he cuts in well and has a good left peg.

I think that there’s a fair chance that he will start, if he’s fully fit and looking good in training, because, in my pretty damn clueless opinion, Mahrez is exactly the type of player that they’ll struggle to deal with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.