United Home League Cup Tickets

Hello first time post, not sure how to post properly haha. Me and my dad are on our way to Manchester and are looking to buy tickets at the ground, is there a ticket office we can buy them at? We understand it more than likely will have sold out by the time we arrive, but if we can where is the ticket office situated please?

Don’t think it’s a cost issue. It’s an access/criteria issue more than anything.
Safest answer is a combination of reasons and I would emphasise the obvious.... the limited away allocation.

Midweek Cup games have as you have always said been difficult to sell, but Cup games typically have a large visiting allocation. This one doesn't. M.E.N says Utd have 2,800 seats which is a lot lower than most clubs would bring for a Cup game.

Best commentary I have seen was from Gary James who pointed out that if there's 48k blues there then that is historically a very good attendance of City fans for a midweek Cup game.

CB3 has disappeared off the planner!
Because they want the remaining sales to go through the most visible area?

This would emphasise that the online plan does not actually reflect what's actually available.

The MEN estimate of 51k reassured everyone but perhaps they were seat-counting too?!

I blame you. You started this. Productivity around Greater Manchester will have plummeted.

Because they want the remaining sales to go through the most visible area?

This would emphasise that the online plan does not actually reflect what's actually available.

The MEN estimate of 51k reassured everyone but perhaps they were seat-counting too?!

I blame you. You started this. Productivity around Greater Manchester will have plummeted.

Yeah, that's what I assumed was happening. Anyway, the numbers in the 3rd tier of the East Stand went from 915 to 907 in literally the space of a minute. At that rate, CB3 will be back on the planner before long.

I can only apologise for my actions leading to you lot getting the bug and skiving from work duties. Right, I'm off for a dump and I expect the updated figures to be posted on here when I get back to my desk

Safest answer is a combination of reasons and I would emphasise the obvious.... the limited away allocation.

Midweek Cup games have as you have always said been difficult to sell, but Cup games typically have a large visiting allocation. This one doesn't. M.E.N says Utd have 2,800 seats which is a lot lower than most clubs would bring for a Cup game.

Best commentary I have seen was from Gary James who pointed out that if there's 48k blues there then that is historically a very good attendance of City fans for a midweek Cup game.
It will be the largest ever gathering of Blues for a LC semi, FAC semi or ECWC semi due to past segregation or capacity issues. We’ve had more fans at games - PL games where there are few away fans and some FAC ties (such as the 84,569 v Stoke in 34 - even if there were 6k Stoke that’d still be 78k MCFC fans) BUT as far as any semi final goes this is significant. We’ve only ever had 1 LC semi crowd higher (1969-70) and that was at a time when our rival managers valued the competition.

All these numbers are the numbers shown online on the online sales system.

It's quite a big assumption to make that all the other seats have sold. Almost certainly there are single seats in L1 and L2 that are unsold, and there maybe tickets that for some reason unknown to us are not on the plan, for example those given to third parties, and there's also hospitality seating such as the Tunnel club.

In other words what is being counted is the minimum of seats left (1,937 at last count).

You would think that if City had seats to sell in Level One and Two then they'd be trying to sell them in preference to those in Level Three so you can forecast a crowd of 50k but you can't know for sure.
In my opinion City should be selling seats if available in any area that supporters prefer. If they are more concerned about how it appears on tv than actually providing the service and tickets people want then they should lower ticket prices. I wonder how many future sales they lose when people see the block they want totally greyed out and then notice empty seats during the game in the area they prefer.

In my opinion City should be selling seats if available in any area that supporters prefer. If they are more concerned about how it appears on tv than actually providing the service and tickets people want then they should lower ticket prices. I wonder how many future sales they lose when people see the block they want totally greyed out and then notice empty seats during the game in the area they prefer.
Not so much in this case wouldn't have thought anyone buying tickets at this late stage is bothered if they are at the back of the top of CB3 rather than ES3.

i had this bollocks for the semi v West Ham in 14....i wanted 2 seats in East stand level3 cos it was pissing down,wouldn't budge it was level 1 for"TV effects" or nothing.....i watched it on the telly...

Not so much in this case wouldn't have thought anyone buying tickets at this late stage is bothered if they are at the back of the top of CB3 rather than ES3.
I would be. I had a ticket for the East stand when we first moved in and didn't like it, much prefer the Colin Bell for its easier access to public transport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.