United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

Proximity was the issue when it was if the ball hits your hand in the penalty area, it was a penalty.

They then watered it down with hand to ball, ball to hand & proximity.

Those have been replaced by unnatural position, proximity & hand to ball. It's still open to interpretation & as it stand I'm fucked if I know what the rule is THIS WEEK, as it'll probably be different to what it was last week.

I've no idea how the football authorities intend to resolve this to the satisfaction of the majority...
They will only resolve it to the satisfaction of teams that play in r*d.

It would have been interesting to know which United players were targeted by WB's header since there are none in any kind of range. The penalty area was peopled by blues, so Jack was not seeking to gain an advantage. Nor was it a penalty by the letter of the law, because the law still requires handball to be deliberate. As I have said earlier Jack was not trying to cheat nor was he trying to gain an advantage by breaking any rule: he was not looking at WB or the ball but simply trying to turn to see the play and THE BALL HIT IS HAND. VAR chose to reach the perverse conclusion that Jack had handled the ball deliberately. Those who seek to justify such stupidity are ruining the game and trying to make the outcome of cup finals dependent on nothing more than chance.

Yes people still don't understand that the penalty wasn't given according to the laws of football, it was given according to the interpretation of the law made by the referees. There is nothing wrong with the law.

I know a certain other match is on our minds so i'm a bit late at replying again in this thread ;)

But i wanted to say my heartfelt thanks to the replies i've had in here - you've genuinely moved me, we've been feeling very isolated and abandoned in looking after mum, so to hear such supportive words, it meant more than i can express. Thank you again.

And here's to tomorrow... i've decorated mums room and also our flat head to toe in city things to try and create an atmosphere to go some way into making up for not being there or being at a screening.. but we're here, alive, that's what counts, Come on city!

<3

There was an excellent chap next to me who was shouting, singing and directing prime abuse at the Scum fans throughout. Grabbed me in a bear hug when Gundo hit in his second. Wondering if he posts on Bluemoon (if he is reading, I was in Block 123, Row 42, Seat 24 - the chap from New York who grew up in Cheshire).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.