United Pre-Match Thread - Friendly in Houston - Kick off now 03:05am (BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we just avoid pre-season fixtures altogether then, just in case we pick up an injury?
Maybe we should avoid pre-season friendlies against certain teams. We should be building up match fitness not stoking the flames of our local rivalry.

Not that interested in friendlies at the best of times, but particularly ones at 2am in the morning, even if it's United. Presumably they'll be favourites, having had an extra week of pre-season and two games already. Think people are worrying unduly about them hobbling our players though.

Yep I wont be bothering watching it I'll catch the highlights later in the day on mcfc web site

Maybe we should avoid pre-season friendlies against certain teams. We should be building up match fitness not stoking the flames of our local rivalry.

I don't think the club are unduly worried. They're probably more concerned with raising our profile in the States.

I don't think Sane and Toure are there.

Toure is there but yea not sure about Leroy

Based on the bibs in today's vid

One half:

G.Jesus
Brahim Silva? De Bruyne Sterling
Toure
Kolarov Otamendi Stones Denayer
Ederson or Muric

Other half:

Aguero
Zinchenko Foden Gundogan* Roberts
Fernandinho
Mangala Adarabioyo Kompany Walker
Ederson or Muric​
*or Nasri

FFS, that was a personal vendetta in a competitive game 16 years ago. There's nothing to suggest a repeat in a pre-season friendly.

took 10 minutes on silva in the cup semi. our rivals love tactically suspending/crippling our players knowing they'll get away scot free. they have free rein tonight to scupper our season

If players are asked to go out and injure opponents they risk injuring themselves. Especially if they're still finding fitness. What's Mourinho going to tell them "I want you to go out and break Silva's legs. Don't worry if you injure yourself, you're dispensable"?

I don't think the club are unduly worried. They're probably more concerned with raising our profile in the States.

With 90% of the crowd wearing rag shirts the only way the club is going to raise our profile in the States is a good win, a 6-1 win!!

If players are asked to go out and injure opponents they risk injuring themselves. Especially if they're still finding fitness. What's Mourinho going to tell them "I want you to go out and break Silva's legs. Don't worry if you injure yourself, you're dispensable"?

Rags would only lose a carthorse...we could lose a w c player ;-)

There is also no doubt a very substantial amount of money involved which will be of more interest to the club than the result of a pre season game. Better than playing Stockport away as I remember many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.