United Selling Up At Carrington

I don't know if this has been picked up anywhere else, but the dossier also includes the possibility of transferring or selling the Stadium and leasing it back.

from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/13/glazers-manchester-united-training-ground" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ing-ground</a>

But here too it is made clear that the indenture covering the bond issue's notes "will limit our ability to sell or transfer, but not ­prohibit us from selling or transferring, our training ground or our stadium". If either is sold, it says it will enter into a long-term lease "to enable us to have substantially the same access to such property as we currently do".

CTID

The sooner these pieces of shite go bust the happier I will be. I'm happy now, but when they go under it will be the great big cherry on top. Hate is too soft a word for those cretins.

Just let any of the twats talk to us about our supposed council tenant status.

Does anyone know how much Old trafford is worth? How much could they raise form selling that?

As I understand it the stadium is secured against some of their loans, however if the bond thing goes as planned and they pay them debts off, they can and by looking at that little paragraph fully intend to sell the stadium. The Glazers get to pay the bonds off and continue to rape the club for everything it is worth and then swan off leaving fuck all but a load of Japanese happy snappers and Micheal Owen......

OK I admit I'm getting carried away there.

Prior to the glaziers actually taking over didn't ferguson publically state to his hardcore supporters that if the yanks took control of the club it would be a very bad thing for u*d that must not happen at any cost, encouraging them to protest?

Then, when the Glaziers did eventually complete the takeover the very same whiskey nosed coward did a u-turn saying the glaziers ownership was the best thing that could happen to the club?

I've quite a few rag mates who defected to fc u*d after the takeover (actively getting involved with fc's conception) and saw recent announcements at the swamp coming years ago. After years of feeling totally betrayed and used not only by the powers that be at the club but also (And more importantly) by 'Sir' alex-whiskey-nosed ferguson. On a daily basis, more and more 'Genuine' rags are waking up to the reality their club is being sodomised at their personal expense.

As someone has already said, what's happening to u*d is what was happening to us a few years ago but on a much bigger scale.

I still dont have a clue how our current situation came to be but i can't believe how lucky we are. i've yet to support a 'successful' city side in all my life (Being successful wasnt a criteria as to why i support City) but I just get a feeling feel we are at the start of a (Hopefully very) long and successful period in our history, which considering the current world economic status, makes it all the more unbelievable that the sheik has chosen us as we are a true exception to the rule. It is only a matter of time until a 'Big' club goes bump.

if anything is to be taken from this i hope we continue to build on being a club based on inclusion and long term loyalty which is what makes us love supporting the club the way city fans do. It's easy to laugh at our arch enemies (And i will enjoy this as much as everyone else) but lets hope we can look back in 10+ years and still be in such a fortunate position.

CTID.

What I don't understand is surely the Yanks want to continue fleecing the rags as long as possible, surely they need to invest in players and make sure they continue winning - it doesn't make any sense?

I heard they have spent 320 million in interest payments and admin costs since the Yanks took over, shit they could have bought anyone and everyone for that amount of money...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.