United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today might well be the scariest day ever to be a Manchester United fan. This doesn't just effect our future, but could bastardise our past.
Where are the Glazers are great brigade tonight? All gone a bit quiet hasn't it, you deluded twats. We've just been bummed good and proper
IMUSA ‏@IMUSAdotORG
'Ownership neutral' Premier League stands back & lets Glazers rip heart out of English football without comment
They are not happy,good job it can't get worse.

Marvin said:
SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
OK the £75m which goes to Man Utd is used to buy back bonds and reduce their interest bill - it's still improves their financial position even if it's not cash in the bank.
It will take two years for the reduction of interest to make up for the set up costs and they will now be paying 35% tax instead of 27%.

It doesn't help Man Utd's finances really marvin. It helps the Glaziers though.
Still clears £75m of debt

Which makes absolutely no difference. You are being hard work. And don't make me work out the extra cost of the additional 8% tax or I'll find you and I'll kill you.

Rammyblues said:
Andy Green@andersred
With 26% of #GM owned by the US Federal Govt maybe Congress will ask some questions about this #MUFC shirt deal?

I take it we have chewed the fat over this one and its implications. If we have please ignore if not, things seem to be happening all the time in ragworld. Hahahahahah.
No we haven´t although I did try to bring it up a few pages back

bluemanc said:
Have they moved the company that owns the rag shares from Delaware OR have they just moved the 10%they are selling??
Manchester Utd Ltd, the Company that's issuing shares will be incorporated in the Cayman Islands

Rammyblues said:
In 5 years time they've still got to find £350m and unless the shares appreciate significantly they can't do this again.

Are we talking

1) Glazers sell up completely

2) Fire sale on players

3) The team have got to maintain there position in league, CL and be "sucessful" in eyes of the fans and punters alike.

4) Increased revenue streams through sponsorship, naming rights to stadia and the like over next five years to pay the debt down. You are talking 70m each and every year from profits to do that, won't leave much scope for squad improvements which they will need to do without the Wizzard. This will be driven very much by 3) above.
It's so difficult to say as we don't know the state of the Glazers' business & personal finances. It may be they need to wait until things pick up or it could be that they take enough out of the rags to ensure they're covered then sell for what they can get.

I still believe, on the evidence of the loans taken out and repaid via dividends, that they're personally struggling for cash and that the rags are the only source of that for them at the moment.

If this does go well for them and they value the club at $3 (mil) bil then wouldn't that make it a good thing for them, afterall, they only owe approximately $650 mil?

If they sold the rest of the shares, wouldn't they rake it in?

Edited as I'm a clown!

SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
SWP's back said:
It will take two years for the reduction of interest to make up for the set up costs and they will now be paying 35% tax instead of 27%.

Which makes absolutely no difference. You are being hard work. And don't make me work out the extra cost of the additional 8% tax or I'll find you and I'll kill you.
Good luck.

ps.hope everyone twigs what this is from.

SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
SWP's back said:

I regard £75m as significant. Don't really see how it can be dismissed. The 8% tax is payable on profits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.