United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's Going up, It's Going Down, It's erm.... Flatlining

Rammyblues said:
Yeah but it's all about the price being low so the overall value of the 'club' is less than Uncle Malc can afford to sell for so they bleed to death very very slowly.

I think that's it anyway.

So by flogging a few shares which are worthless they hope to establish what they could get if they sold the proper shares. Don't seem logical to me but thanks anyway.
Thats not what he said.

Rammyblues wrote:
Quote:
Yeah but it's all about the price being low so the overall value of the 'club' is less than Uncle Malc can afford to sell for so they bleed to death very very slowly.

So by flogging a few shares which are worthless they hope to establish what they could get if they sold the proper shares. Don't seem logical to me but thanks anyway.

Thats not what he said.

Please explain then, not being funny or owt just want to understand why their share price on something that is effectively worthless is so important to their future when they have been paid off. :-)

Rag shares down to $5 a pop..at this rate I'll invest myself..cause shit at the AGM

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-news/manchester-uniteds-float-shares-are-worth-less-than-5-8038177.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standard.co.uk/business/busi ... 38177.html</a>

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Rag shares down to $5 a pop..at this rate I'll invest myself..cause shit at the AGM

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-news/manchester-uniteds-float-shares-are-worth-less-than-5-8038177.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standard.co.uk/business/busi ... 38177.html</a>

They're not there yet. That's just what some company who values these things said they were worth.

Rammyblues said:
Rammyblues wrote:
Quote:

Thats not what he said.

Please explain then, not being funny or owt just want to understand why their share price on something that is effectively worthless is so important to their future when they have been paid off. :-)
How are they effectively worthless?

Voting rights mean diddly squat 99% of the time and there are plenty of growth funds you can choose where the stock you invest in pay no dividends.

Rammyblues said:
But haven't the Glazers got their money irrespective of what happens from now on?

Yeah, this time...

But the plan would have been to sell more in the future, if they plumet in price no one will take them at top price next time around, and no one will be willing to underwrite the issue.

this biggest problem is when the value of the club drops to the $5 predicted, that values the club at around £600 million.

now the debt is about £450 million. If they intend to borrow again, or refinance they will find it very hard since the debt could soon be more than the assets. Thats when all the fun and games really start since another IPO looks very unrealistic at this point.

Yeah, this time...

But the plan would have been to sell more in the future, if they plumet in price no one will take them at top price next time around, and no one will be willing to underwrite the issue.

this biggest problem is when the value of the club drops to the $5 predicted, that values the club at around £600 million.

now the debt is about £450 million. If they intend to borrow again, or refinance they will find it very hard since the debt could soon be more than the assets. Thats when all the fun and games really start since another IPO looks very unrealistic at this point.

Cheers, now I understand.

Sold out every week?
Waiting lists for season tickets?

Who are they trying to fool?

<a class="postlink" href="https://dealcloud.co.uk/National/2012-2013-Premier-League-Season-199-for-a-ticket-to-watch-Manchester-Utd-v-Fulham-value-358-80-/165230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://dealcloud.co.uk/National/2012-2 ... 80-/165230</a>

It'll be 2 for 1 next!
LOL<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
samharris said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Another cracker from Gill was "We decided to float in New York because US investors understand the sports market."

Er - you floated in New York because no other fucker would let you get away with what you wanted to do, using a dual-class share structure and out-of-date accounts.

yep... BBC news said yesterday that the way they have traded is illegal on the British stock market.

and Singapore and Hong Kong.
That's why they didn't float there.

Rammyblues said:
Rammyblues wrote:
Quote:

Thats not what he said.

The point is that by selling the shares they gain the money paid in and can use that to repay some of the debts that are closing in on them.
The share price was originally going to be circa $20 but they dropped that to an opening price of $14 because of low demand. Demand has been so piss-poor that they're presently buying their own shares to prop the value of the offer up because the market won't support the $14 price.

The truth behind the graph is the hilarious bit because the truth is that they're being forced to buy their own over-valued shares which means that they are likely to end up holding a lot of the stock offering. The more they own the less they've sold and ergo the less benefit.
If they stop buying to maintain the false $14 position then the price will fall to a realistic level and they'll only get a fraction of the money they were banking on getting.

If they don't get the money then the Glaziers don't pay off their debts and the burden grows - magic!

This is so funny that I need to go take a shit.

hisroyalblueness said:
Rammyblues said:
Rammyblues wrote:
Quote:

Thats not what he said.

The point is that by selling the shares they gain the money paid in and can use that to repay some of the debts that are closing in on them.
The share price was originally going to be circa $20 but they dropped that to an opening price of $14 because of low demand. Demand has been so piss-poor that they're presently buying their own shares to prop the value of the offer up because the market won't support the $14 price.

The truth behind the graph is the hilarious bit because the truth is that they're being forced to buy their own over-valued shares which means that they are likely to end up holding a lot of the stock offering. The more they own the less they've sold and ergo the less benefit.
If they stop buying to maintain the false $14 position then the price will fall to a realistic level and they'll only get a fraction of the money they were banking on getting.

If they don't get the money then the Glaziers don't pay off their debts and the burden grows - magic!

This is so funny that I need to go take a shit.
Not to mention the fact that the underwriters will have binding agreements in place whereby they will get a controlling say in how money is spent until their liability is reduced. Don't expect to see huge transfer fees or wages agreed in the next 18 months if the stock falls below $14.

They are about to post a pre-tax credit loss for the first time in god knows how long and they really need to invest in the defence, midfield and a decent striker. The IPO couldn't have gone any better for a City fan. The only worry is that it has gone so badly and cash flow is so short that they are forced out. But I would say that may asset strip before it gets to that. Utd are their cash cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.