United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: United thread 2012/13.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:
Let's hope this Andersred information is accurate and not just a spin on the FT article

If it's true then I wonder on the implications for utd's Transfer window. They might conclude that they have to spend anyway. But that could only be done by more borrowing and then we're getting into a Leeds high stakes situation.
All things being equal they're probably OK for a few seasons as their revenues are reasonably solid for the moment plus there's only us and Chelsea at the moment that could realistically out-muscle them in the league. Arsenal and Spurs probably don't have enough in the tank to overtake them and cause them to go into a Leeds-type spiral.

I wonder whether the motives of the Glaers in this IPO was to protect their own financial position rather than the rags. If andersred is right they're deep in personal debt and it's causing them problems with the other members of the family.

One scenario is they could just admit defeat & sell the whole club. Or they could suck as much money out as they can to pay off their own debts and leave the rags high and dry.
Could the Glasers not saddle the rags with their own personal debt, somehow?

Re: United thread 2012/13.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:
Let's hope this Andersred information is accurate and not just a spin on the FT article

If it's true then I wonder on the implications for utd's Transfer window. They might conclude that they have to spend anyway. But that could only be done by more borrowing and then we're getting into a Leeds high stakes situation.
All things being equal they're probably OK for a few seasons as their revenues are reasonably solid for the moment plus there's only us and Chelsea at the moment that could realistically out-muscle them in the league. Arsenal and Spurs probably don't have enough in the tank to overtake them and cause them to go into a Leeds-type spiral.

I wonder whether the motives of the Glaers in this IPO was to protect their own financial position rather than the rags. If andersred is right they're deep in personal debt and it's causing them problems with the other members of the family.

One scenario is they could just admit defeat & sell the whole club. Or they could suck as much money out as they can to pay off their own debts and leave the rags high and dry.
Could the Glasers not saddle the rags with their own personal debt, somehow?

I reckon they effectively have. I am 100% sure the Glazers are not planning on paying back that personal debt from their own pockets, they are going to use the rags as the
payees of the loan.

They'll get the money out from the club by some means, I wouldn't be surprised to see the swamp being sold and leased back (haven't they already done that to Carrington?). Imagine that, they could end up having to pay rent on their own ground to pay off the debt the Glazers took out to buy them :D

Of course, the IPO could still happen so maybe a bit early to start gloating :)

Re: Utd and their Failed IPO

TCIB said:
citysince88 said:
Can someone please explain for us dimwitted ones, what this means, is it a minor issue or something more entertaining ?

From what i see, they wanna float on the ny exchange, but the stipulations are not in the investors favour.
I mean they get no control at all etc, basically not worth it for them by a long shot.

This measure is pretty extreme as a way to gain funds, well the underhand manor they used to try and get it through screams pannick imo.

So they probably could have really done with this cash and i dunno where it goes from here.
It makes them look like mugs to us and more importantly, investors are now dubious of them.

I think i'm pretty close with that.

Ahh nice one Marvin, he is their financial sector guy right ?.

Edit: lol biker, good reaction gif.

I guess this is another Tick Tock moment

I think so mate, well Prestwich Blue seemed pretty dismissive of the whole deal and seemed to be laughing at the whole thing.

He knows his onions with all this stuff so i will happily take his word on such matters.

It could be tick tock if we are just waiting for another seemingly rushed half baked method of raising funds yes.

report from New Zealand .....

Sources familiar with the situation said on Tuesday night (NZT) that the club was planning a launch earlier this week but delayed it because of market conditions and was going to reevaluate conditions.If the launch happens as planned now, the club could price the offering in the week of Aug. 13, the sources said.

broke.jpg

[bigimg]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxk0Ugb3BVwEdqG64FLgGcMrxllYQXjnWDTzVXW3lsFRhfevKnj5yJOGxHyQ[/bigimg]

I_detect_fail.jpg

So that will be three fails at IPO if this one fails. Shame. I'm gutted for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.