United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The swamplife seem more bitter than ever

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/cantona-kung-fu-kicked-coffee-table-after-city-title-win-356820/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/cantona-kung- ... in-356820/</a>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ
City 'won' the title courtesy of a player who would never have considered joining them if it weren't for the excessive wages they pay. No, I'm not bitter; it's merely a fact. Crazy as it sounds but I don't consider them champions at all.
Surely this should be plural?

Had we lost the Old Trafford game 1-2 instead of 1-6 we would have had a premiership playoff at Wembley.

sparky1 said:
The swamplife seem more bitter than ever

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/cantona-kung-fu-kicked-coffee-table-after-city-title-win-356820/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/cantona-kung- ... in-356820/</a>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ
City 'won' the title courtesy of a player who would never have considered joining them if it weren't for the excessive wages they pay. No, I'm not bitter; it's merely a fact. Crazy as it sounds but I don't consider them champions at all.
Surely this should be plural?

Had we lost the Old Trafford game 1-2 instead of 1-6 we would have had a premiership playoff at Wembley.
if.......if.......................if.if only....................hahahahahahaha

laserblue said:
sparky1 said:
No, I'm not bitter; it's merely a fact. Crazy as it sounds but I don't consider them champions at all.

No, not bitter much.

Message to our rag friend who posted that on Red Cafe - using your same twisted logic, if United hadn't been saved from extinction by a rich owner then you wouldn't have won a single trophy so I don't acknowledge any trophy you've ever won. No, I'm not bitter; it's merely a fact you fucking stupid ****.

The bitter cunts have come back out of the woodwork on redcafe

It's not that City have no history, it's that they're a relatively small club posing as Real Madrid. This is especially irritating because their fans have always had this ridiculous exceptionalism, and they now feel vindicated by an accident. A couple of eras of success and and a moderately-sized fanbase describes maybe two dozen clubs in English football. Manchester City were on a par with Wolves, Derby, Forest, Blackburn, Preston, Burnley and so on until they won the lottery twice in the 2000s. The accurate way of putting the 'no history' charge is that the current City have no 'history' because there's essentially no direct connection between the proud and storied history of Manchester City Football Club and the current institution, which is entirely the creation of a few very rich men.

History is all about narrative, and City are the footballing equivalent of reading the first 343 chapters of War and Peace and then finding the rest of the book has been replaced by Katie Price's autobiography. Their owners essentially have a millenarian character, rendering everything that came before meaningless, and subsequently any footballer willing to play for them can be seen to be betraying the whole idea of history in football.

Put bluntly, ADUG are the Khmer Rouge of football, sort of.

Took your time nobhead

7f4e12f9_vbattach141308.jpg

Agüeroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..................

fingers.gif

^^^^

These rags don't know there own history Pre BaconChops Pre premier! When frankly average is what they were

What you me and my dog need to understand that they truly believe this most of there history goes back as far as the prem bit in the 60's and when we bailed them, they have no honour, class and no fucking money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.