United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
malg said:
Blootoof said:
A3_R_S1CUAAHF4b.jpg:large

He's lost his six mates and Snow White in the crowd.
I'll do him a favour and put it down to him being 'ironic'.......!

Looks like his mummy has made him wear a undershirt to stop him getting a chill

Bless him

Poor result but very entertaining game yesterday. Obviously lost it in the 1st half when I thought Dembele ran the show in the middle of the park - makes the £3m offer we reportedly made to Fulham for him in August seem all the more insulting.

Increased tempo in the 2nd half made it more difficult for Spurs to keep the ball tho they were possibly also a bit guilty of dropping too deep to try n defend their lead. Utd created more than enough chances to have at least drawn the game but Spurs hung on in there and were due some luck at OT after some of their experiences there over recent years, all told I thought their adventurous 1st half performance, coupled with determined 2nd defending, was worthy of the 3 points.

Oh yeah, n Kudos to Christian Bale for making the smooth transition from Hollywood star to jet heeled premiership footballer :-)

Don't defend deep against Man Utd that's the lesson of Southampton away and Spurs at home. In both cases, opposing coaches tried to defend leads and surrendered possession outside the box

If you sit deep, Scholes will get on the ball, switch it wide to the wingers and it rains crosses. I don't know why any coach would adopt these tactics especially when they were both playing so well.

I hope other managers have taken note

Waddle had it spot on last night. All through the 2nd half he was literally urging Spurs to put a man on Scholes and to stop him from spraying the ball about the Tottenham half.

Scholes was picking the ball up next to the centre halfs and spraying the ball all over the park. Not a single Spurs player closed him down or marked him in the second half. Even when he picked the ball up from deep he was allowed to move forward with it and play the pass time and again. Evetually Defo made a half-hearted effort to close him down towards the end of the second half.

I've always stated this. If you stop Scholes from passing, you stop Manchester United from playing. Regardless. Stick your centre forward on him and don't let him have time on the ball. Much rather have Rio or Evan moving forward with the ball, than Scholes patrolling the middle of the park, unchallanged and spraying passed all over the park.

Re: Ryan Giggs

LoveCity said:
Seems almost masturbatory by Baconface to play him now, he's lasted a long time but seems pretty much finished. Scholes on the other hand looks like he can play until 40 with the space he is awarded, but United have no one to do the dirty work in midfield (and unpunished two-footed tackles by Scholes are not what I mean by dirty work) which is why better teams just seem to glide through their midfield as Spurs did in the first half today. Scholes' passing is as sublime as ever and not many teams seem to bother closing him down for some reason.

People are just running straight through the middle of them. Lennon and Bale were the two most notable examples. Just extraordinary.

feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
i have to admit Bale's goal celebration in front of the old trafford day trippers was pretty superb, plenty of prawn sandwiches were chucked on the floor in frustration.
Yeah. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.