United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: So Rod's a rag is he....

squirtyflower said:
Just leave her outside a pub on Deansgate in that get up and she'd soon be blue

I wonder what she sees in the multi multi millionaire rod stewart :-)

Re: Top 3 Most Despised Rags

Rod Stewart. Glory hunter for a Scottish and English team. Fuck off you croaky voiced ****.

Dwight Yorke, always slagged off spurs when playing united. If he weren't a footballer he'd be trying to sell shells to tourists, very thick ****

squirtyflower said:
cyprustavern said:
squirtyflower said:

Well they'll be no long term future, I think

he usually trades them in every few years (lucky bastard)

I bet she can't wait til he's dead...

article-0-06DAFE6C000005DC-439_468x228.jpg

cyprustavern said:
squirtyflower said:

Get it right he's a Celtic/Rag multi millionaire ;-)

Done some great songs in his early years and always loved The Killing of Georgie but never forgave him for his Celtic/United lyrics.

I always liked Rod Stewart; in spite of the Celtic/ United line ruining one of his best songs.
His earlier recordings are by far his best work. That whole American Songbook schtick just doesn't cut it for me (someone should tell him, Ella already did it all, so he don't have to).
Incidentally, Rod was in a band with Long John Baldry, called Steampacket, way back in the mid-to-early Sixties (this would be pre Jeff Beck & pre Faces). A little bit of their live stuff still pops up here and there. If you see it on a cd, even if you know everything else is rubbish, it's still worth buying.

That said, I saw him live about two years ago (stadium gig) and was disappointed.

What? What? Football Forum, you say? Ahm.... 4-4-2. Catenaccio. Jumpers for goalposts. Aguerrrroooooooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.